#BookReview: There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins


Receiving books free in exchange for reviews will never sway the outcome of my reviews. All my reviews are own my personal thoughts and opinions whether they for review or bought. While I may feel a certain way, others may feel differently. So sit back and relax and check out my thoughts on this book. Don't forget to share your thoughts (no spoilers) on the books or reviews on this blog in comments.

Title: There's Someone Inside Your House
Format: ebook
Pages: 306
Published: 26th Sept 2017
Publisher: Macmillan's Children's Books
Source: Bought
Genre: YA Horror, Mystery
Shelfability:  Borrow
Over a year after her parents sent her away from Hawaii to live with her grandmother in landlocked Nebraska, Makani Young is still adjusting to her new life. She's made a small group of close friends and even flirted with romance, but her past in Hawaii is still hard to forget. 
And then . . . one by one the students of her new high school begin to die in a series of gruesome murders. Makani doesn't know who's next on the list. Between this, and a secret scorching relationship with the school weirdo, this school year may turn out to be one to die for . . . literally. 
There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins will have you swooning with fear and romance, and is the perfect page-turner for fans of Scream Queens and I Know What You Did Last Summer.

I am a bit rusty on writing reviews so please bare with me. It's been a while since I even attempted writing one as you can see from the lack of blog posts. However, here goes nothing!!

There's Someone Inside Your House is a YA horror novel about teenager Makani. Who is forced to go live with her grandmother in Nebraska. She has a dark secret that she thought no one would have to find out. However, when her fellow classmates start getting murdered, will she be able to keep hiding her secret? And will she be safe from the killer?

Having read some of the author's work before I was familiar with her style of writing. The story itself is really quick read and you can easily get lost in it. There is no denying that the author knows how to write. However, it was the plot itself that I struggled with. It was an ok read don't get me wrong. I read it in a day. I just didn't love the story.

I was expecting it to be a really good YA slasher book. I am a big baby when comes to horror movies and books. So it doesn't take much to freak me out. Sadly this one didn't have that scare factor that I was looking for. The mystery aspect of the killer was interesting at first. You want to know who and why. Sadly, the killer is revealed way too early for my liking and the motive just felt a bit................meh.

Now the characters themselves, they didn't really stand out for me. Usually when reading a book you can connect with at least one character. I couldn't with any of them. Maybe Ollie a little for his pink hair because I used to have pink hair but that's about it. Makani is the main character with a dark secret. Now when you are teased with this from the beginning of the book you are wanting something dark, something juicy right? Makani made a mistake. Was it super dark? Not really. I was really disappointed with the big reveal. A huge let down.

As I said the story is a fast paced read. It's a good book just to escape into a for while. Just for me personally it didn't have the fear factor a good horror should have.
Like This Post? 
Show Your Support
Like / Comment / Share

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.