*Book Review* Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

Title: Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1)
Format: Paperback
Pages: 404
Published: 2nd Aug 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Source: Bought
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Shelfability: Acquire

**About the Book**
Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly.
Destined for greatness.

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?


Throne of Glass has been out for a few years and I feel like I am the only person who still hadn't read it. So I decided to order the first three books and I am so glad I did. Why has it took me so long to pick this book up? I did receive an arc when it was first released but at the time I didn't read fantasy novels and I couldn't get into it. But I've came along way since then and fantasy is now one of my favourite genres.  

Celaena is the world's best Assassin and for the past year she has been kept prisoner as a slave in the salt mines of Endovier. That is until Captain Westfall offers her a deal that she can't refuse. Soon she is thrown into a tournament to become the King's champion in exchange for her freedom. However, there is something evil lurking within the tournament. Can Celaena defeat the other would be champions at the same time as battling with her personal feelings with Chaol Westfall and the King's son, Dorian??

This book is packed with drama, tension, romance and most importantly action!! To me a fantasy novel needs to be full of action. And this has it! Celaena is seriously one kick ass and feisty chick. She proves that she doesn't need a man to fight her battles she can take care of that herself. She is also flawed and I like that. While she may be able to kill a man twice her size with her bare hands. She can still get distracted with nice clothes and boys!! Because let's face it we can call be distracted by those things lol. Chaol and Dorian are two complete opposites from each other. Chaol is very serious, strong and silent. Dorian is charming and doesn't hide how he feels. I am torn on who I want to root for!! Are you Team Chaol or Team Dorian??

Throne of Glass is a very a beautifully written YA fantasy tale that has the power to enchant the readers. The author has managed to create the perfect balance between the main plot, the characters back story without revealing too much. And the chemistry between the characters is something that for me is one of the main attractions of this book. There is nothing worse than reading a book where you have no connection to the characters and they just come across flat. Sarah J Maas has created a believable set of characters that have a unique dynamic. They all bring something to the story. 

I am really excited to continue reading this series. And if you like fantasy books with an awesome protagonist then give this book a try. You will not be disappointed. I also think this would make an epic movie or tv show!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.