Book Review:Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Device Manga #1) by Cassandra Clare

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Paperback
Pages: 240
Published: 1st Nov 2012
Publisher: Orbit
Source: Publisher
Genre: YA, Supernatural, Steampunk, Manga,
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:

A prequel to Cassandra Clare's 'Mortal Instruments' series, 'The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel' is the story of Tessa Gray, a sixteen-year-old American girl travelling alone to Victorian London who runs afoul of the city's sordid supernatural underworld. Rescued by the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, Tessa quickly finds herself caught up in an intrigue that may very well destroy her new friends - including the two enigmatic young men, Jem and Will, who have taken her under their wing . . .


Review:
I was never a fan of Clockwork Angel the novel. I found most of the book boring and most of the characters bland. I felt the story didn't pick up until near the end. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy parts before the end but I felt like it was so slow that it stopped me enjoying it more. However, with this manga it takes all the good parts, skips most boring details that are in the book and I did enjoy it a lot better. 

Clockwork Angel is the first prequel to the amazing The Mortal Instruments series. It follows Tessa as she embarks on a journey to find her brother only to be thrown into the supernatural underworld in Victorian London. Now I won't go into detail on the characters because I still find them pretty bland. Tessa is just so forgettable and that is shame. Because she has potential but she just annoyed me. I only really liked her when she was in Will or Jem's company. She came alive, especially around Will. Will is honestly in my opinion, a carbon copy of Jace from TMI. I love Jace but I don't want another one. Will is interesting to read about though. Jem, he is sweet there is no denying that. But I just didn't get a connection with him. 

This manga is stunning, The artist, HyeKyung Baek has manage to recreate that period in time through her art and really make the readers feel they are there. HyeKyung has so much talent it makes me jealous. The drawings are simply beautiful.

If you are a Cassandra Clare fan then this is a must read. If you loved Clockwork Angel, the novel, then I know for a fact you will love this. Even if manga isn't your thing it will still be loved by many fans because it is always intriguing seeing story that you have read through another form of media.

Rate: 3/5 

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.