Ruby Blue by Julie Cassar

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Paperback
Pages:  231
Published: 2nd Feb 2012
Publisher: Julie Cassar
Source: Author for Review
Genre: YA, Fairy Tale
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US

Description:
Meet Ruby. She’s your average (somewhat dorky) ice-cream eating, garden-loving teenager, who is constantly being annoyed by her little brother, is best friends with possibly the only Goth kid in town and, oh yeah…she sees fairies. After Nick Martino (possibly the hottest guy she’s ever known) finally asks her out, she can barely manage a two-word sentence when a bizarre incident strikes their lakeside town.Stumbling bare-foot through some interesting dates, will she ever find love? And what does Ruby do when more strange events continue to occur? Will she keep her gift of Fairy Sight a secret? As an ancient myth unfolds and new mystic fairy tales come to life, Ruby and her menagerie of friends tackle some extraordinary circumstances with her very ordinary abilities in this modern day fairy tale. See what legends come to life in “Ruby Blue,” a young adult fantasy fiction novel and the first installment of the Ruby Blue series



Review:
First I just want to thank Julie for sending me this fantastic book. I was in a reading funk when she kindly offered to send me her book. I decided to pick it up the other day and I didn't expect to read it within the matter of hours. It was a perfect read that flowed wonderfully.

Ruby Blue follows seventeen year Ruby, a normal girl who loves ice cream and oh yeah, she can see Fairies. Ruby tries to balance her normal life and this gift but having two best friends one that is a normal human and one that is a fairy is hard. Especially when a dragon from Fey enters her world and with the help of her friends she must stop the dragon before it destroys her town.

Ruby is one of those characters who you can instantly connect with. She is a normal teen girl who is smart and funny but with this extra ability to see fairies. Which us kinda cool. And she is very loyal, she knows that fairies exist yet she won't betray them, not even to tell her best friend. She is also very brave, she tackles the dragon situation head where if it was me I would be running in the opposite direction. lol.

The story itself flows perfectly. It has the right amount of magical fairy element, romance, action and humour that completely enthralled me. Usually I'm not a huge fan of fairies but Julie has such a way with her words that has me hooked. There is a perfect balance between reality and fantasy that not many authors can create.

I highly recommend this to anyone who likes a quick, wonderful and cute story filled with romance, friendships, fairies and dragons. You will not be disappointed!!!

Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


4 comments :

  1. if its a quick read i would hadle that but i dont know if it would work for me as a long one. i think it will pick it up for a beach day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very quick read I read it within a few hours. Highly recommend it.

      Delete
  2. I had not heard of this book, but it definately sounds interesting. Thanks for reviewing. I love books about faery and will add this one to my list of tbr books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review Siobhan! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I was so excited when I saw how fast you were flying through it...

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.