Bite Club (Morganville #10) by Rachel Caine

Format: Paperback
Pages: 442
Published: 3rd May 2011
Publisher: Allison & Busby
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy

Description:
Morganville, Texas is a quiet college town where humans and vampires live in relative peace. But lately a great deal of blood is being spilled - not in a feeding frenzy, but for someone's twisted idea of entertainment. After discovering that vampires populate Morganville - and surviving a number of adventures with her new night-dwelling friends - college student Claire Danvers has come to realise that for the most part, the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble. There's a new extreme sport being broadcast over the Internet: bare-knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against one another - or, worse, against humans. Tracking the out-of-town signal leads Claire - accompanied by a loyal group of friends and frenemies - to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville. And if they want to survive, they'll have to do a lot more than fight..

Review:
Seriously, I didn't think Rachel could do any better than Ghost Town. Well, yet again I have been blown away with another fantastic and gripping installent in the Morganville Series.

In Bite Club we see a new battle take place. An illegal fighting club Where Humans and Vampires and put against each other for fun. And its up to the gang at the Glass House to stop this and try and save a member for their team but getting killed. But will they get there in time?

And WOW. I was hooked from page one. Like most of the books in the series. Its my favourite YA Vampire series. There are a few elements that made me love this story. We see a return of our four main characters. Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve. They are just a wonderful set of friends that its hard to no like them. However, we do see a quite dark side of Shane in this novel and with everything he has been put through in his life in a way I can hardly blame him for lashing out. However, its poor Claire to bears the brunt of it most of the time. Claire always comes across as such a strong character even when she is afraid. She loves her friends and will stop at nothing to make sure they are safe. Michael and Eve don't really have as much of a role in this story line but they are involved and of course Eve is still hilouris. Aswell as our four main characters we see the return of most of the characters we love and some that of course we hate because they are evil!!

However, what I really loved was that fact that Myrnin gets a bigger role in this novel. Yes I am Team Myrnin. I loved that crazy vampire and his bunny slippers. He is so much fun to read and I think its because we know at any moment he could just snap and try and bite you that's why he is so exciting to read. And I love the relationship between Myrnin and Claire. Its so funny and cleverly written that it sucks you in. Personally I secretly think those two are a secret thing going on something. Or at Myrnin does for Claire. I think that would be really awesome!

I really enjoyed how this story flowed and there is a point of view change between Claire and Shane. It hives the readers a better insight into Shanes mind and why he is acting they way he is. I also really like how that was wrote in 1st person but the rest is in 3rd. Usually that would have annoyed me but with this book its works.

Rachel Caine has a true talent for writting. She doesnt skip over any of the dark stuff and I love that. I can't wait for the next installent in MV and looking forward to see where Rachel takes our characters next. I have a few ideas in my head that I would love to happen but I guess we will need to wait and see until Last Breath is out in November.
Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Visit Rachel:[Website][Twitter][LJ Blog][Facebook]

Get Bite Club Now

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.