Try Me (Demon Underground #2) by Parker Blue

Kindle Size: 465 KB
Published: 4th March 2010
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books
Genre: YA Fantasy, Urban Fantasy

Description:
This part-demon teen vampire fighter and her faithful terrier hellhound are once again patrolling the dark city streets of San Antonio, Texas. Val's hunky human partner, Detective Dan Sullivan, is giving her the cold shoulder since she beheaded his vampire ex-fiancée. Vamp leader Alejandro is struggling to keep the peace between vamps, demons and humans. The mucho powerful Encyclopedia Magicka has been stolen, someone in the Demon Underground is poisoning vamps, and Val's inner lust demon, Lola, is getting very restless since Val's now partnered with sexy Shade, the shadow demon with the blond good looks of an angel.

Review:
Try Me is the second installement in the Demon Underground series. It picks up straight after Bite Me (Book1) and its another great novel in the series.

Try Me follows Val as she is trying to cope with Dan ignoring her. So as Dan is pushing her away. She ends up in the arms to Shade, a shadow demon who is trying to help Val control her lust demon and its pretty clear that there is a chemistry between them and an attraction that is sizzling. Meanwhile some of the vamps from the "New Blood Movement" are acting rather crazy and no one knows why so its up to Val and her faithful hellhound to figure how why they are acting crazy.

Try me is a good sequel to Bite Me. I really enjoyed it once I got into it. At first it didn't grab me straight away like the first one. I just thought it was slow for the first couple of chapters. However, I did get into and the loved. Val is mainly still the same as book one. Strong, loyal but deep down vulnerable she still just wants to be accepted as her. She is really hurt when Dan starts to give her the cold shoulder but she is distracted when Shade starts to help her control lust demon. Now I love Shade, he is perfect for Val they bought just fit together and its perfect. He clearly cares for Val and because he is part demon himself he accepts Val for what she is that makes her happy. And of course my favourite character is back with his attitude and cuteness. Yes, Fang is still the best character and still makes me laugh. I want a hellhound.

I really should speak a little about the vampires. I never mentioned them in the first review. The head Vampire Alejandro set up the "New Blood Movement" in the first book. This is where they have human "donate" blood so they aren't feeding and killing human. I really liked this idea. And of course there are vamps who are against. In Try Me, some of the vamps are going crazy after drinking the blood. I'm still undecided on if I like the vampires in this series or not. I do like how they are not killing human but I'm still unsure about them.

Overall, Try me a good sequel to Bite me. Its a must read for Demon Underground fans. It's full of passion, friendship and mystery.

NOTE: For older Teens and Adults

Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket





Parker's Website: parkerblue.net

Order Paperback


Order on Kindle

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.