Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Pages: 418
Published: 30th Sept 2010
Publisher: Quercus Publishing Plc
Genre: YA Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal

Description:
Pack life is about order, but Bryn is about to push all the limits, with hair-raising results. At the age of four, Bryn watched a rabid werewolf brutally murder her parents. Alone in the world, she was rescued and taken in by Callum, the alpha of his pack. Now fifteen, Bryn's been as a human among werewolves, adhering to pack rule. Little fazes her. But the pack's been keeping a secret, and when Bryn goes exploring against Callum's orders, she finds Chase, a newly turned teen Were locked in a cage. Terrifying memories of the attack on her parents come flooding back. Bryn needs answers, and she needs Chase to get them. Suddenly, all allegiances to the pack no longer matter. It's Bryn and Chase against the werewolf world, whatever the consequences.

Review:
Raised by Wolves is a very interesting story. I have only read a couple of werewolves storys and this one is probably one of the best I have read. It story is exciting, thrilling and a real page turner once that story gets going.

At first I found the story quick slow and nothing really grabbed me at first. However, it wasn't long before I was hooked onto the story and I really enjoyed. The moment I got hooked was when when Bryn meets Chase for the first time. There was an instant connection between that just turned the book around for me. Bryn is a very strong main character. She is easy to connect with, and her story is very interesting. When she meets Chase she fells drawn to him. Chase is a made werewolf who is very likeable. What I loved about there relationship is that it isn't about romance, its about the Pack connection between them.

The plot of this is very different to anything I have read. Usually we read about a girl who falls in love with wolf but doesnt know he's wolf. However, this a refreshing change. Bryn is raised by wolves and we get to read about life growing up in a Pack and how it makes Bryn feel.

Even though I really enjoyed this, as I mentioned it was quite slow to get going. And there is one scene which I found just digusting. It was shocking, and I couldn't believe it was happening. However, I pushed through the shock and scene and kept reading.

Overall, a refreshing read that will having you begging or howling for more.

Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket






Jennifer's website: jenniferlynnbarnes.com

Buy Your Copy Now!



Pre-Order Trail by Fire

2 comments :

  1. Yeah that scene was shocking and hard to read... However I think it added depth to the story and backed up the wolves nature, and it turned out to be necessary so it wasn't gratuitous : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. i was in shock with it. it did add depth but it was brutal. however, didnt stop me enjoying the rest. I wouldnt have enjoyed scenes like that appeared more than once.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.