#MovieReview: Spider-man Homecoming (2017)



I am not a movie reviewer and I don't pretend to be. I will share my thoughts on a movie like I do with the books I read. If you are looking for a full in depth article than I will only disappoint you. However, if you want to know my honest thoughts then keep reading. Feel free to leave your own thoughts (no spoilers) in the comments.

Movie: Spider-Man: Homecoming
Cert: 12
Studio: Marvel Studios/Sony
Release: 5th July 2017
Genre:  Action, Superhero, Sci-Fi
Directors: Jon Watts

A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened. - Amazon UK




OK I am not going to sit here and say I know anything about the Marvel world. I have never once read a comic so I have no clue if these movie is anything like the comic book storylines. However, as a movie I am admit it was one of my favourite Spider-Man movies.

I never liked the Toby Maguire movies. There I said it. I just don't like them. My Son though? Spider-Man is his favourite superhero and has been since watching those Toby Maguire ones. So those will always be his favourite ones. Me? I thought Andrew Garfield ones where much better. I thought they were funnier and had much better storylines.

Now we have another face for Spider-Man. Tom Holland. I think he has made a great Spider-Man. And this adaptation was  much better than the originals, on par with the Amazing Spider-Man movies. But so much funnier. Both my son and I were in stitches laughing.

We both found the movie really exciting and action packed. Peter is only 15 in this one so sometimes when he thinks he is trying to make things better he ends up messing up and making it worse because he is so young. But he tries. He looks up Tony Stark like a sort of father figure. And just wants to work with Tony/Iron Man.

One of the main differences I noticed between this one and the other Spider-Man movies was the love interest. Yes there is one slightly but unlike the other it's not a massive part of the storyline as such.

And one other thing. Aunt May? She got young and hot!!! Lol. Even my son was like "That's Aunt May? But she's YOUNG"

If you like the Marvel World thing you need watch this if you haven't already. I will suggest watching Civil war first as that's when we are introduced to this new Spider-Man. I still haven't watch that movie yet and i wish I had just to get see if we get more background our New Spider-Man.


Like This Post? 
Show Your Support
Like / Comment / Share

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.