Book Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Kindle eArc
Pages: 434
Published: 14th Aug 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Source: NetGalley
Genre: YA/Adult Contemporary, Romance
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository
Description:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match  


Review:
All I have to say is WOW! That is it! I honestly I have no words that can describe just how much I adored this book. I will try but be warned I may ramble and not make sense. So here goes..............

Usually when there is a lot hype around a book it rarely lives up my expectation. However, Beautiful Disaster is without a doubt one the best I have ever read. I was completely blown away by this. I had been told on many ocassions to read this book. And I have no idea why it took me to so long. I was hooked from page one.

Beautiful Disaster is one of those books that get right under your skin. The Characters are unforgetable. The chemistry between Abby and Travis is what makes this story so awesome. It's so intense and at times dark that just makes it so refreshing compared to a lot of relationships in book these days. And on a personal level I could really connect with these characters because at times during this book I felt like I was reliving a past relationship that was also very intense like Abby and Travis's relationship.

Now I have read a few reviews that talk about the "abuse" in this book. I want to know what book these people were reading?? Seriously? Travis is an intense person and has a lot of issue yes but abusive? God no! To me Travis comes across as this tough guy to everyone but with Abby there is a really soft and sweet side to him that makes me melt. Abby I adore. She is a strong character and isn't afraid to put Travis in his place. The two of them together is explosive and thrilling. They are a "Beautiful Disaster"

I am not going to get into the plot because there is no way I can do that without spoilers. All I will say is that the story is exciting and crazy. Takes you on so many emotional rollcoaster's it makes your head spin.

Jamie McGuire I want to marry your mind!! Her writing is completely flawless. She keeps you guessing as to what will happen next and how the story will end. Which was pretty awesome.

If you are looking for something that will keep you up until the wee hours of the morning then please give this ago. You will not be disappointed!! Beautiful Disaster is also a perfect example on what a crossover novel from YA to Adult should be like.

Rate: 5/5
With an Added Rating of:

10 comments :

  1. I feel with this book you either love it or hate it and i'm still tethering that fine line. Book think its a good YA novel.
    Follower.
    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See to me this a more of crossover between YA into adult.

      Delete
    2. Yeah i can see that. GReat review Btw. :P lol

      http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Loved this book so much. I think I might re-read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this book so much. I think I might re-read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me this book isn't YA at all. Too much violence, sex and drinking. I know the characters are 19-21. But to me it is definitely adult - contemporary romance not YA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think It's target audience would probably be the aged 17/18+ so for me that falls into the older side of YA and into adult fiction. I remember being 18 and well my life was pretty much that book. Lol. So it is stuff that teens are doing and can relate too.

      But that's just my personal opinion.

      Delete
  5. love this book so much!!! its definitly a book for the older YA not normal YA. i love your review :) im ordering the paperback next week and cannot wait to reread it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to order the paperback soon aswell. its one I will reread a lot lol.

      Delete
  6. I love love love this book as well. It only took me a day to read and I just didn't want it to end!!! I still can't stop thinking about it. Can you recommend another book like this one? I can't wait to read Walking Disaster when it is finally released.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.