The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson


Format: Hardback
Pages: 386
Published: 7th June 2010
Publisher: Walkers Books
Genre: YA, Realistic, contemporary

Description:
Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to centre stage of her own life - and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey's boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie's own. Joe is the new boy in town, with a nearly magical grin. One boy takes Lennie out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But the two can't collide without Lennie's world exploding...

Review:
The book is about girl called Lennie who is trying to deal with the fact that her sister has died. She finds comfort in the sisters boyfriend Toby, as well as catching the attention of the new boy Joe. She is torn between these to boys and is leading two lifes. However, soon her two worlds collide and her world is blown apart.

I had read so many great things about this book. Most people raved about it. So I decided to get it when I was at the library and I was excited to read. However, I was seriously disappointed. I found the story very very slow and it seemed like it was building up to something but never really got there. The characters I just couldnt connect with at all. And I felt little sympathy for Lennie. Even though I get that she was griefing and being close to Toby felt like she was close to Bailey her sister. But to me it just felt wrong.

The only reason this book hasn't got a lower rating is because I love how the book looks. In inside pages are white with blue and scattered throughout the book are "photos" of things that Lennie wrote on and then thrown away. It was a really nice touch to the book. I just wish the story was good.


Rate: 2/5

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Originally Review: 21 July 2011

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.