The Scent of Jade by Dee DeTarsio

Format: Ebook
Pages: 240
Publshed: 18th Oct 2010
Publisher:Just Publishing
Genre: Adult Chick Lit, Adventure

Description:
“Romancing The Stone” meets “Survivor” for Julie Fraser, who was minding her own business, living her life as snug as a bug in a rut in San Diego, California. As the least adventurous person she knows, Julie finally whooped it up one day to jet off and surprise her husband, who was on a business trip in Costa Rica. Reeling from the discovery that her husband wasn’t who she thought he was, she accidentally steals an ancient artifact and is chased through the wilds of the rainforest, not knowing where to turn, literally, or whom to trust. She knew she should have stayed home.

Can a monkey, a blond Juan, a foreign scientist, a mysterious ‘love potion’ and the jade stone itself (that may hold secrets to global warming), help Julie on her mission to find and forgive her husband?

Review:
The Scent of Jade was like nothing I have ever read before. It was fast paced and fun with some serious issues underneath it.

It follows Julie on a weird adventure after she catches her husband with another woman. She runs to get away from what she has witnessed. However, she ends up lost in the Costa Rica jungle. Julie is very funny. I couldnt help but laugh quite a few times while reading her story. She is very down to earth and just very easy to connect with. On her weird and wonderful adventure she comes across a few characters of course my favourite is a monkey. LOL. I can't really say alot about the monkey I dont want to give anything away but its just funny.

The story is very easy to follow and I easily got lost in it and was gripped from the very first chapter. The Scent of Jade is a real treat from my usual reads. Im not usually the biggest fan of adult fiction. However, Dee DeTarsio has a way with words that got me hooked and I will be reading more of her work.

My only negative was the ending. Not I can't actually say much here without giving away a major spoiler. Even though the ending was good in way. I just felt if it was me in that situation I would have did it differently. (Sorry that doesnt really explain anything I just dont like giveaway spoilers in my reviews lol)

Thank you Dee DeTarsio for letting me review this wonderful novel and I hope other will like it as much I do.




Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Originally Review: 10 March 2011

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.