#MovieReview: Life of the Party (2018)



I am not a movie reviewer and I don't pretend to be. I will share my thoughts on a movie like I do with the books I read. If you are looking for a full in depth article than I will only disappoint you. However, if you want to know my honest thoughts then keep reading. Feel free to leave your own thoughts (no spoilers) in the comments.

Movie: Life of the Party  
Cert: 12
Studio: Warner Bros  
Release: 10 May 2018(UK)
Genre: Comedy  
Director: Ben Falcone  

When her husband suddenly dumps her, longtime dedicated housewife Deanna (Melissa McCarthy) turns regret into re-set by going back to college…landing in the same class and school as her daughter, who’s not entirely sold on the idea. Plunging headlong into the campus experience, the increasingly outspoken Deanna - now Dee Rock- embraces freedom, fun and frat boys on her own terms, finding her true self in a senior year no one ever expected. - Amazon UK


Melissa McCarthy is possibly one of my favourite actresses. She is always hilarious. Her movies are always great for a good laugh. Is Life of the Party one of her best movies? No, it’s not. It’s a little predictable, some of it is a flat but it is still a really good funny movie that can help you forget how bloody stressful life is. it’s an escape and that’s what I needed.  

Shocked when her husband decides he wants a divorce, Deanna decides it’s time to go back to college and finish her last year after dropping out the first time. Deanna enrolls in the same college as her daughter and not only does she really embrace college life, she makes friends, finds a toy boy and really finds herself after 20 years of being a stay at home mother. 

As I said this is not Melissa’s best work. Some of the jokes fall flat and you know exactly what’s going to happen. But that didn’t stop me enjoying it. Right now I have been going through some personal stuff and just needed an escape movie and Melissa’s movies are always a go to for me. Certain parts had me actually buckled with laughter. To the point I was snorting LOL. 

 
I found some of the characters a little Meh if I am honest. You have the typical mean girls, the weird loner and the cute boy. Although, I won’t lie the younger cute boy? Yeah it was cliché but a part of me was like “You go girl!!!” Because he is bloody gorgeous. And the whole situation was just comedy gold. 

 
If you are a fan of Melissa McCarthy then you need to watch it. Don’t go into it expecting too much. Take it for what it is. A silly comedy you can escape into for a while. I enjoyed it. And have got a new favourite word. Vagoogle. Once you see the movie you’ll get it. 

Like This Post? 
Show Your Support
Like / Comment / Share
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.