#MovieMonday: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Please note that I am NOT a movie reviewer. I "review" a movie like I would a book. Just telling you how I feel about the movie. I hope you enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Movie: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
Cert: 12A
Release: 18th Nov 2016 (UK)
Genre:  Fantasy, Adventure, Family
Directors: David Yates
WritersJ.K. Rowling
Stars: Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol | See full cast & crew » 
My Rating: 5 out of 5

About The Movie:
There are growing dangers in the wizarding world of 1926 New York. Something mysterious is leaving a path of destruction in the streets, threatening to expose the wizarding community to the No-Majs (American for Muggles), including the Second Salemers, a fanatical faction bent on eradicating them and the powerful, dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald, after wreaking havoc in Europe, has slipped away…and is now nowhere to be found. Unaware of the rising tensions, Newt Scamander arrives in the city nearing the end of a global excursion to research and rescue magical creatures, some of which are safeguarded in the magical hidden dimensions of his deceptively nondescript leather case. But potential disaster strikes when unsuspecting No-Maj Jacob Kowalski inadvertently lets some of Newt’s beasts loose in a city already on edge—a serious breach of the Statute of Secrecy that former Auror Tina Goldstein jumps on, seeing her chance to regain her post as an investigator. However, things take an ominous turn when Percival Graves, the enigmatic Director of Magical Security at MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), casts his suspicions on both Newt…and Tina.

Now allied, Newt and Tina, together with Tina’s sister, Queenie, and their new No-Maj friend, Jacob, form a band of unlikely heroes, who must recover Newt’s missing beasts before they come to harm. But the stakes are higher than these four outsiders—now branded fugitives—ever imagined, as their mission puts them on a collision course with dark forces that could push the wizarding and No-Maj worlds to the brink of war. - Amazon UK




Seeing that Warner Bro sign on that screen with the infamous Harry Potter tune gave me goose bumps. I never thought I was going to feel that again. I was fangirling all over again!!!


Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them has got to be one of the most highly anticipated movies of 2016. When I first heard the JK Rowling was expanding the magical wizarding world into a new movie I was overjoyed with excitement. When the trailer starting to air on the TV my 10 year said he was looking forward to see it and had been bugging me to see it. So we finally seen it. And while I loved it, my 10 year old was not impressed.


I thought the movie rocked!! While I found the start to be a slow builder I still loved it. JK Rowling has yet again created something that is simply out of this world. That woman's imagination is truly something else. And to be able to create this out of what was essentially a textbook that Harry uses in school. She is a genius. The casting of Eddie as a Newt is going to make fans swoon. I do love him. I think he is so cute. And I want to go on adventures with him. Team him with Jacob who is a No-Maj (American term for Muggle) and two witches Tina and Queenie and you have a fantastic foursome who you will love because who doesn't love the outsiders!! 



The beasts in this are just beyond anything I could ever imagine. The graphics are phenomenal. They looked so real.  I wish I could really talk about all of them that we are introduced to but I don't want to give away any spoilers I feel like no words can do these amazing beasts any justice. All I will say is I want a niffler!!!

The movie is most definitely targeted at the original Potterhead generation. The ones who grew up reading books and movies. The movie is a lot more grown up and appeals very much to the adult audience. My 10 year found it very slow and even though at times he did laugh a few scenes mainly the ones that had Jacob in it, he was for the most part almost bored to tears with it. And he predicted who the bad guy was from the start.


I should mention incase you are maybe thinking my kid just doesn't like the Harry Potter. However, he is a Potterhead. He is a bigger Potterhead than me. He knows those books and movies inside out. I read him the Harry Potter books as a baby. We have movie marathons. He has the books in three different editions. He LOVES Harry Potter! This film just didn't have that same magical feeling for him that those films did. Maybe in a few years when he has matured a little he will enjoy this one until then he is a happy in the Harry Potter World while I myself can't wait to see where JKRowling is going take these movies next!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.