#AudiobookReview: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling


Title: Harry Potter and The Philospher's Stone (Harry Potter #1)
Format: Audiobook
Length: 8 hrs and 43 mins
Publisher: Pottermore by JK Rowling
Released: 20th Nov 2015
Source: Midas PR

About The Book
Harry Potter has never even heard of Hogwarts when the letters start dropping on the doormat at number four, Privet Drive. Addressed in green ink on yellowish parchment with a purple seal, they are swiftly confiscated by his grisly aunt and uncle. Then, on Harry's eleventh birthday, a great beetle-eyed giant of a man called Rubeus Hagrid bursts in with some astonishing news: Harry Potter is a wizard, and he has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. An incredible adventure is about to begin

If you haven't heard of Harry Potter then seriously? Where have you been?? Harry Potter has been a massive part of my life since I was a kid. I grew up on these books and the movies. By the time the last book came out I had a kid of my own. Who is now obsessed with Harry Potter himself.

I received the audio book for review a while ago. And I kept putting off listening to it because I struggle at times with audiobooks. However, after being pestered by my 9 year old to listen to it after he was looking through my phone. I decided we would listen to it together. And I regret leaving it so long. The audiobook was quite simply magical.

You all know the story of Harry Potter. The boy wizard. Sent to live with his aunt and uncle. Grew up not knowing who he really was. Then off to Hogwarts where he befriends Ron and Hermonie. And the trio go on magical adventures that could "get them killed. Or worse Expelled" (lol. I couldn't resist, and don't lie you totally said that in Hermonies voice)

Harry Potter and the Philosophers stones is where is all starts. You are drawn into this book from the page. I have reread my copy so many times that its falling apart. So by having Stephen Fry as the narrator just makes this perfect. His voice just works perfectly with the story. And he gets right into character. Some audiobook narrators just come across as dull, flat like a robot. Stephen Fry just make this book stand out even more than it already does.

My 9 year old fell in love with the audiobook. He was only a baby when I read him the book so he didn't remember it. So it seeing his reaction to was magical in itself and made me so happy that he was enjoying it. Seeing the pure joy in his face actually made me jealous because you only get to experience that feeling with the a new book once. And I don't think he would have experienced that pure joy reading the book alone. It was all in the story telling of the pure genius that is, Stephen Fry.

I highly recommend the audio book to everyone. Whether you have read the books or not. However, it needs to be the Stephen Fry editions. He just makes them all the more enjoyable and easier to listen to. 

 Don't forget to Like, Comment and Share, if you enjoyed this post!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.