*Book Review* The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass

 
Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Kindle Ebook
Pages: 326
Published: 23rd April 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Bought
Genre:  YA Dystopian,
ShelfabilityCovet

Description:
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think I could love this anymore than I loved "The Selection" But let me tell you, "The Elite" just blew "The Selection" right out the water!! It was mind blowing!! I can't even describe how much I freaking loved this book. Usually the second book in a series can't live up to the first book but this one lived up to my expectations and then some!

America is even more confused about her feelings in this instalment. She is still an amazing character to read about, she doesn't fit into the idea of what a future "Princess" should be like. She is unique, short tempered and lovable. She is far from perfect and I think that is why she is a hit with the readers.

Maxon, well I am still Team Maxon!!All the way!! He is really trying to be patient with America, giving her time to sort out her feelings but I couldn't blame him for his behaviour. He has to pick a girl to marry and is trying to give all the girls a fair chance in case America can't figure out her feelings. Aspen, oh Aspen, you poor poor boy. I actually felt sorry for him in this at times. Then at times I wanted to just hit him. I just don't think he is right for America.

"The Elite" is fast paced, exciting, magical, breathtaking with  drama, love and teenage confusion! What's not to like about it. The storyline just flowed perfectly really capturing the imaginations of the readers. We learn so much more about the history of Illea. Revealing secrets that could very well destroy the country as they know it. The Rebels play more of a role in this book than the previous and I am very intrigue about them. I have my theories about them and I am really excited to read the third book and see what other secrets are revealed.

This series has set the bar of YA Dystopian reads for me!! I am going to go so far as saying that I love this so much more than "The Hungers Games" That was always my favourite YA Dystopian, well not anymore. The Selection Series  is top dog and Kiera Cass is my new queen!!

The author can do no wrong in my option! Both books so far have been perfection! "The Elite" I devoured in one sitting. Starting at about 9pm and finishing at around 1am in the morning!! I am not a very fast reader but when a book manages to keep me hooked and completely memorises me I simply forgot all about time and didn't even realise how fast I was reading until it was over!!

If you still haven't picked up these outstanding books then what are you waiting for?? Go forth and get reading my bookalicious lovelies!!


If you have read the book please share your thoughts in the comments or share you review links :)
Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. I am so excited for the next book. Although I am a wee bit nervous after reading the blurb. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite series so I'm glad to see you enjoyed it to! I have to say, the wait for The Heir hasn't been as bad as I thought. I think mainly because Maxon & America's story from their POV was finished. I'm excited to see more though. Eep! Great review hun x

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.