*Book Review* Until You (Fall Away #1.5) by Penelope Douglas

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Kindle
Pages:N/A
Published: 5th June 2014*
Publisher: Piatkus
Source: Bought
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Shelfability: Covet
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository*
*Paperback,  6th Nov 2014

Description:
Have you ever been so angry that hitting things felt good? Ever felt numb to all emotions?

The past few years have been like that for me. Traveling between fury and indifference with no stops in between. Some people hate me for it, while others are scared of me. But none of them can hurt me, because I don't care about anything or anyone.

Except Tatum.

I love her so much that I hate her. I hate that I can't let her go. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn't trust her or anyone else. So I hurt her. I pushed her away. But I still need her. She centers me. Engaging, challenging, bullying her - it's the last part of me that feels anything human.

But then she left for a year and came back a different girl. Now, when I push, she pushes back.

For everyone who loved Bully . . . This is Jared's story

 (May Contain Spoilers from Bully, Fall Away #1)
Oh. My. God. Oh. My God. Just Oh My God!!! I never expected to like this as much as I did. Usually I am not a fan of books that's are "retold" from a different point of view. However, Until You is not a retelling! Yes this story and Bully cross over and you read the some of the same bits again but mostly this is Jared's story! We get to finally see what is going inside that yummy but messed up head!

For the past few years Jared has been making Tate's life hell!! He loved to hate her. It gave him a focus, to forget the past. For years he would push Tate and she would just take it. However, when Tate leaves for France, Jared sinks. He loses focus and gets into a lot of trouble. When Tate returns a year later, Jared didn't expect Tate to be different. The girl now pushes back!

Until You isn't really a sequel, it's a companion novel but I highly recommend reading Bully first because you will understand the story and the relationship between Jared and Tate a lot better if you have the FULL story. Jared is so messed up and hurting that the only way to cope was to turn on his best friend Tate. The author really gets inside Jared's head and we get to see exactly what it is like to be Jared and see him goes through this inner turmoil he struggles with when it comes to his feelings for Tate.  We also get to see Tate how Jared sees her. I think I prefer how he sees her than the way she seen herself in Bully. Tate doesn't realise the hold she has over Jared. And the chemistry between them was out of this world.

I was really excited about reading more with Madoc. He is Jared's best friend and even though in Bully it took me a while to like him. The readers get to see a glimpse of how Madoc really is and I have to admit he is so like able and funny. I am soooooo excited to reading his story in the next instalment.

Until You was like Bully, I ended up staying up until the wee hours of the morning to finish it because I simply could not put it down! It was gripping, exciting, sexy and freaking emotional. I bawled like baby again! Damn you Penelope Douglas for writing amazing stories that leave you like an emotional wreck. So suggest that you have your tissues at the ready for this one.

I can't recommend this book enough. If you have read Bully you just NEED to read Until You. Trust me, you just have to. And if you haven't started the Fall Away series yet, please go and start it you will not be disappointment. Especially if you love new adult romance that are down right addictive.

Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment :

  1. I've heard about this series. It's definitely an interesting concept. How the author manages to make the hero loveable considering all that he's done really intrigues me. Lucky I have this one already, so I'm going to bump it up my TBR pile :) http://www.bookchickcity.com

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.