**Book Review** Between a Rockstar and Hard Place by Portia MacIntosh

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Ebook
Pages: 52
Published:  20th Feb 2014
Publisher: Carina UK
Source: Author for Review
Genre:  Romance, Chick Lit
BuyAmazon UK / Amazon US /
Description:
Being best friends with a mega-star has its perks and Nicole Wilde, music journalist, laps them up. But when said friend, Dylan King, gorgeous lead singer of The Burnouts, has zero sense of self-preservation – once a drop of alcohol hits his blood stream ‒ and an inability to keep ‘little Dylan’ in his pants, it also comes with responsibilities.

Now, Nicole has to track down Dylan in time to play a charity gig tomorrow. Half a dozen groupies, a haunted hotel, a tattoo parlour, a reality show runner-up and a crazy bed-hopping, sleepless night later – will she find him before the tour bus leaves town? And when she does, is it time to head home? Or to jump on the tour bus and go along for the ride!

Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place is the fun and fabulous prequel to Portia MacIntosh’s Starstruck. Look out for it March 2014
Goodreads
I was contacted by the author herself to read and review this book. Now lately I have been having to turn away a lot of review requests because I am awfully behind with reviews. However, as soon as I read the blurb I just knew I NEEDED to try it. And I was not disappointed!!

Between a rockstar and hard place is a short story spin-off to the authors full length novel, Starstruck, which is coming out in March. It is a very quick read but packed with adventure, romance and it is very funny. Rarely I find myself properly laughing out load with books but this one had me in stitches at some of the situations that characters find themselves in.

Nicola and Dylan are best friends. Dylan is the bad boy rockstar, who listens to nobody except Nicola. In my opinion Dylan comes across is an arse! He does have a sweet side but mostly he is complete tool!! Nicola, I love her!! I actually felt a connection with her. She is in the twenties but just refuses to grow up. I feel like that. I am twentysomething but I still feel like I am 18.

Now I didn't 100% love this story. A few things did seem little bit far fetched but overall a very strong short story that will capture the readers imagination and leave them wanting more. I am very much looking forward to reading Starstruck and more of Portia's work!!

Please share you thoughts below on this title? Have you read it? Is it something you would like? We want to know. :) 


Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.