**Book Review** Autumn Rose (The Dark Heroine #2) by Abigail Gibbs

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Kindle eArc
Pages: 416
Published: 30th Jan 2014
Publisher: Harper Voyager
Source: Publisher for Review
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:
The highly anticipated sequel to The Dark Heroine: Dinner with a Vampire.

Her fate is set in stone…

Autumn Rose lives in a sleepy seaside town in the south-west of England, but buried deep under the surface of her quiet life are dark secrets. Swirling marks on her skin mark her out as having extraordinary power, but at school she is shunned and condemned by the very people she is sworn to protect.

But the appearance of a handsome young man at her school – who has the same curious markings as Autumn Rose – sends her world into turmoil. Plus, there is the fact that Autumn keeps dreaming of a human girl who is about to be seduced by a very dark Prince … and Autumn must figure out how to save her before it is too late.

The exhilarating sequel to The Dark Heroine: Dinner with a Vampire, the incredible online sensation.
To say I was excited for this book is an understatement.  The first book, Dinner With a Vampire, was my favourite read of 2012. I absolutely adored it and I have been waiting for the sequel to be published. Of course I could not wait that long and before Christmas 2013 I caved and contacted the publisher. I am so glad I did because even though I got off to a rocky start with Autumn Rose by the end I was hooked!

Autumn Rose follows the story of Autumn and Fallon, two characters we are introduced to in the previous book. However, their story doesn't take place after the first book. It actually takes place parallel to the events unfolding in Dinner With A Vampire.  Now I think because of these it threw me a little. I was expecting the story take place after what happens in book 1 and it doesn't. So It took me a while to get my head around that and the fact that it was told from Autumn and Fallon's POV and not Violet and Kasper's. However a few chapters in  and I completely mezmorised with story.

Autumn has such a unique voice and yes at times she can come across a bit immature but then I needed to remind myself she is only fifteen and she has a lot of "issues" As the story develops so does her character. I love a good character development. Autumn went from a little annoying to a strong young woman who I really can't wait to see how the character grows in the next book.

Fallon I am not too sure about. He is lovely and does care for Autumn but when I compare their chemistry to the chemistry between Kasper and Violet in the previous book....well...it just doesn't compare. There wasn't enough passion or fireworks for me. With Kasper and Violet there was passion and lots of it. I just didn't feel it in Autumn Rose. We are also introduced to many new characters some who are lovable, other who you will seriously hate. However, aswell as new, we get to see some old characters as events unfold

The plot itself is fantastic! It is thrilling, dark and exciting! Not as powerful as Dinner with a Vampire but it still manages to pack a serious punch to keep the readers hooked! I know I was! Abigial Gibbs is becoming one of my favourite authors. Her storytelling is beautiful, enchanting and magical. I felt like I was transported into this world she creates because she has a way of writing that I forgot I was reading a book because it all played out in my head with even trying!

I highly recommend Autumn Rose if you have read Dinner With A Vampire because it is a must read and you won't regret it. If you haven't started on the series yet please give it a go. It is unique, hot and slightly dark. That is always a bonus for me, I love a dark story. These books do seem to be a hit or miss with people but for me they are a big big HIT! I really can't wait for the next book and see what is in store for Autumn, Fallon, Kasper and Violet.

Please share you thoughts below on this title? Have you read it? Is it something you would like? We want to know. :) 


Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin



No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.