Double Review: The Pleasures of Summer & A Touch of Summer by Evie Hunter

The Pleasures of Summer (Pleasures #2) by Evie Hunter 

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Paperback
Pages: 448
Published: 30th May 2013
Publisher: Penguin Ireland
Source: Publisher for Review
Genre: Erotica Fiction
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:
Summer O’Sullivan is rich, beautiful and in mortal danger. Her father has made powerful enemies who are targeting his precious daughter. Until the threat passes, Summer needs a bodyguard – someone to protect her and, she expects, to treat her with the reverence she’s used to.

Into Summer’s gilded cage comes former ranger, Flynn Grant. As far as Flynn is concerned, this is the assignment from hell, minding the spoilt daughter of a multi-millionaire. Summer and Flynn are poised to hate each other on sight. Even his devastating looks do not make up for how Flynn’s rules cramp Summer’s style. Unsurprisingly, the sparks fly between them. But when Summer breaks the rules one time too often, Flynn teaches her a lesson that leaves them shattered – and bound together in a way that astonishes them both.

In their remote hideout, the two start a battle over who is the tamer, and who is the tamed. It’s a duel that stretches their minds and bodies beyond every limit. And in time their hearts begin to surrender too. But when the dark forces that have been stalking Summer finally track them down, the battle is no longer a game, but a matter of life and death …

Ah, Oh, Ah, OMG! Damn You Evie Hunter! Are you trying to kill me?? What a freaking read!! I love love love love every single second of this steamy, exciting and thrilling read!! You all know how much I loved the first book "The Pleasures of Winter" and I didn't think I would enjoy this as much just because "Winter" was just perfect but.......The amazing Irish writing duo have did it again!! I was hooked from page one and left breathless by the end.

The Pleasure of Summer is about Summer, the daughter of a airline owner. She loves to party with friends and is in the papers a lot but her life is in danger from enemies of her father and this leads her father hiring a bodyguard to protect her and keep her out of trouble. Enter Flynn, half Irish, half Scot, ex Irish Ranger and hot as hell. They can't stand each other but soon sparks fly and they learn secrets about each other that shocks them both all the while trying to keep Summer safe.

To say I loved this is actually an understandment!! It blew my mind!! And my Heart! I loved everything about this book. The story starts out on such an high point, thrilling and action packed from the get go. The authors, don't rush into their sex scenes they set up a story and get the readers engrossed and the sex scenes come later but they are clevely done and fit nicely into the story. The characters are believable and the chemistry between them is so natural. There is nothing worse than reading a book and the relationships seem forced. Summer comes across as the typical party girl, spoilt rich brat but as her character develops we learn about her past relationships and I grew to love her.  Flynn, Oh My....Can I have him? Flynn, is a hot. He is rough around the edges, has a bad boy appeal to him. But he is a tough, strong and will do anything to protect to Summer even if it means putting his own life in danger.

To tell you about how much I loved the story without giving away spoilers is near impossible. All I have to say is it was marvelous. I always worry when two authors come together to write books because sometimes it doesn't flow very well. However, Caroline McCall and Eileen Gormley have nailed it. If I didn't know it was by two author I would never have guessed. They have created yet another flawless read that has a perfect mix of romance, action and down steamy scenes that will make you blush (especially if you are reading on a bus haha)

The Pleasures of Summer is a book that will capture your very being. You will fall in love with the characters, get caught up in the story that you will forget everything around you. I highly recommend "The Pleasures" series to anyone who loves a good erotica read that has depth. You don't have to read these in order as they have different characters in them But I do recommend reading "The Pleasures of Winter" just because it is one of my favourite books. And I did a little happy dance and squeal in excitement when Jack Winters in mentioned in this one. lol.

So please give this a book a try. I urge you all to go get yourself a copy. It is outstanding!

Well just how pretty is that cover. Once you read the book you will understand and see how it fits perfectly!!! I am honestly more attracted to darker covers so this in instant win for me. The simplicity of this cover speaks volumes and yes, a lot of people are using this sort of design idea but in this case it works



A Touch of Summer (Pleasures #2.5) by Evie Hunter

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Kindle EBook
Pages: N/A
Published:27th May 2013
Publisher: Penguin Ireland
Source: Bought
Genre: Erotica Fiction

Description:
To protect..... and serve

Bodyguard Flynn Grant has problems keeping his hands of his latest client - wayward airline heiress Summer O'Sullivan. She's already tried to seduce him, but he doesn't mix business with pleasure. After spending a week with her in a remote Scottish safe house, Flynn is in danger of changing his mind.

He's already chopped enough wood for several winters and he badly needs to let off some steam before the sizzling sexual chemistry between them catches fire. An injured team-mate provides the solution. Flynn and Summer are invited to attend some very special highland games.

Just how much trouble can Summer get into, surrounded by the most elite operatives in the body-guarding world? Flynn is about to find out, when they embark on a highland fling.

This is a short story that takes place within the story of "The Pleasures of Summer" . You don't really have to read the main book to enjoy this one but I think it would help as you will already be connected to the characters and understand them and the situation.

Short stories, I rarely love. I can enjoy them but never really love them but I did love this one. Evie Hunter has a gift to give the readers an intense, emotional and down right sexy read even in such a short story. You really get a feel of characters and it gives you an insight to what to expect from the main book.

I started this straight after I finished "The Pleasures of Summer" because I needed more!! I cant get enough of the story and characters so this was a lovely bonus. My negative is that now I need to wait for the next installment! I can't wait to see what new characters we meet in "The Pleasures of Autumn". If you are unsure about whether you think the books are for you why not give this try.


Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.