Book Review: The Mistress (The Original Sinners #4) by TIffany Reisz

MAY CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS BOOKS

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: E-Arc
Pages: 560
Published:  2nd Aug 2013
Publisher: Mills & Boon
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Adult Fiction, Erotica
Buy:Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:
There's punishment-and then there's vengeance.

Nora Sutherlin is being held, bound and naked. Under different circumstances, she would enjoy the situation immensely, but her captor isn't interested in play. Or pity.

As the reality of her impending peril unfolds, Nora becomes Scheherazade, buying each hour of her life with stories-sensual tales of Søren, Kingsley and Wesley, each of whom has tempted and tested and tortured her in his own way. This, Nora realizes, is her life: nothing so simple, so vanilla, as a mere love triangle for her. It's a knot in a silken cord, a tangled mass of longings of the body and the heart and the mind. And it may unravel at any moment.

But in Nora's world, no one is ever truly powerless-a cadre of her friends, protectors and lovers stands ready to do anything to save her, even when the only certainty seems to be sacrifice and heartbreak..
The Mistress, OMG I have been trying to write this review days and I swear it was just so god damn delicious that I have no words that can possibly even begin to describe this sexy read. So you will have to put up with my gushing over the book.

To say this book was outstanding doesn't even begin to cover it. The Mistress is by far one of the best books I have ever read. I swear, I 100% loved it. I knew I was going to love it of course. Why? Well Tiffany Reisz is my favourite erotica fiction author and in my top five favourite authors of all time. The Original Sinners series is perfection. And they get better with each book. So this does not disappoint at all.

This is the final installment in the First  Original Sinners Quartet - The Red Years. When I first started reading this series I was drawn into the story. I didn't love the first book though. I only gave it 3 stars but with each book Tiffany manages to create something dark, twisted, sexy and dangerous. Every book getting better than the previous. Now I wasn't sure if I was going to love this more the "The Prince" because well I think it was the book that made me fall in love with Kingsley and Soren. But Tiffany Reisz is just a genius and made me fall in love all over again and yes this is probably the best book by far.

We learn so much more about the characters in this installment. We learn secrets and truths that broke my heart. Nora is still a feisty and strong woman even when she is being help captive. To stay alive she is forced to tell stories of her past sexual encounters. Which I have to say are freaking hot!!! I blushed a lot! During these stories I found myself getting a better insight into the relationship between the characters. Especially Nora, Soren and Kingsley. I totally got them. They live in this world of Kink but in all honestly I don't think I have ever read anything like these characters. They all love each other in their own way. It's beautiful. I am not that big on lovey dovey romance. Never have been, never will be. So maybe that is why I feel like I get their romance, their love for each other. And then was Wesley, oh sweet Wesley. So Vanilla. He is so protective of Nora. And she truly does love him. I always like Wesley from book one.

These book are not for the faint hearted. I think you either love them or hate them. And reading others reviews that seems to be the case. I personally love them but I think everyone knows that already lol. Even Tiffany knows how much I adore these books. It has the perfect package for me. Believable characters, plenty to sexy times and a gritty and dark plot that will take you on one hell of an emotional roller-coaster. I read this on my kindle and for the last 20% of the book all I did was cry. I was a blubbering mess. My heart, my mind and my very soul was all over the place trying read it. It was just so crazy good I though I was going to die. I have never felt so connected to characters. By the end I felt like I was saying goodbye to old friends. And I am not going to lie either I miss that Sadistic Priest Soren. I don't know what it says about me that I want my own Soren.....but I do. I actually think I am in love with a fiction character.

I CAN NOT recommend these books enough!!!!! If you like your erotica fiction that is dark, gritty, sexy but with a freaking awesome plot that is (as is says on the cover) thrilling, passionate an provocative then these are for you!!! Usually I would say if you liked fifty shades you will love this. But in all honestly, even though I loved Fifty and it was gateway book to erotica, The Original Sinners is on a another level. Hell it makes Fifty seems very like a lovey dovey romance lol. These set the bar on what makes a good kinky read for me. Tiffany Reisz I want to marry your mind!!! You are a genius. I can't wait to the second The Original Sinner Quartet - The Red Years!!!

My Reviews for Previous Books in The Original Sinners Series:


Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.