Book Review: Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2) by Jennifer Estep

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Kindle Ebook
Pages:  385
Published: 29th Nov 2011
Publisher: Kensington Books
Source:  Bought
Genre: YA, Mythology, Paranormal
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository
Description:
I'm Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Acad­emy, and I have no idea how I’m going to sur­vive the rest of the semes­ter. One day, I’m get­ting schooled in sword­play by the guy who broke my heart—the drop-dead gor­geous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invis­i­ble archer in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties decides to use me for tar­get prac­tice. And now, I find out that some­one at the acad­emy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I’m afraid if I don’t learn how to live by the sword—with Logan’s help—I just might die by the sword.
Kiss of Frost is book two the Mythos Academy series. And I liked it so much better than book 1. I found Kiss of Frost better written, the characters more developed andon the whole the story just more exciting.

In this installment I was hooked!! I devoured this one in about 2 nights. Gwen has grown a lot in this book. She has grown a lot closer to Daphne but still feels like outsider among the rest of the students. She is independent, strong and still kick-ass. She isn't a whiny teen like A LOT of protags in YA books. Nope, not Gwen, she will get on with things even though they terrify her. Her relationship with Logan is one of those ones that is annoying, frustating, will they won't they? type of relationships. The chemistry between is sizzling and I found myself screaming them to just get it on lol. I like Logan. He is a Spartan and yummy. Yeah, he sleeps around and comes across full of himself. He doesn't want to fall for Gwen but deep down he is a real sweetheart :)

The story itself was almost perfect. I found the plot exciting, fresh and thrilling. The author manages to create an outstanding sequel. I got sucked into this book straight away. It is fast paced and action packed full of twists and turns to keep the readers on their toes. The only thing that brings it down is that I felt like it dragged on a bit. Certain scenes sort of felt pointless and would have better if they were cut out. Apart from that the book was fabulous!!

I highly recommend this series. It has little bit of everything. Romance, enticing plot, twists and twists and is packed with interesting mythology about Loki! Something I know nothing about unless it's about the Loki in the Thor movie lol. I can't wait to keep reading this series and following Gwen on her adventures and seeing about dangers she finds herself in.


Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. I'm still debating as to whether I should read this sequel. I mean, I read the first book a while ago and thought it was okay, but now I might consider reading this sequel . Sounds pretty good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is much better than book 1. I am reading book 3 just now and it really good aswell.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.