Book Review: Down London Road (On Dublin Street #2) by Samantha Young

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Arc Paperback
Pages: 464
Published: 9th May 2013
Publisher: Penguin UK
Source: Publisher for Review
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:
Johanna Walker knows what she wants. And that's a strong, steady, financially secure man who will treat her well and look after her and her little brother, Cole - something her parents have never done.

But when she meets the gorgeous Cameron MacCabe, a new bartender at work, Jo can't deny the instant and undeniable attraction she feels. Cam doesn't fit into her strict specifications of her perfect partner at all - but for once she is tempted to let her heart rule her head.

And as their intense connection grows, Jo has to stop hiding the truth about herself and her family. Is Cam prepared to accept Jo for who she really is? And is Jo willing to let someone into her life for keeps?



Holy Hell!! I loved "On Dublin Street" It was almost perfect but this...."Down London Road" Sweet lordy! It was FREAKING PERFECT!! I don't have one bad thing to say about it. I wholeheartedly, 100% loved, loved, loved it.

Down London Road tells the story of Jo. We meet Jo briefly in "On Dublin Street" she isn't a big character in the main story but she is a friend of Joss and work colleague. However, we don't really get to know her and what we do, isn't much. With this book we learn everything about Jo. I loved her so much. She has such a hard life growing up, she has been forced into looking after little brother, her alcoholic mother and taking on 2 jobs. She struggles a lot. She only dates men who have money as she wants Cole to have the best start in life and not have to worry. This has worked out well for her. Enter Cam! Well..Cam blows her world apart. This hot and sexy tattooed man with his band t-shirts is everything Jo isn't attracted but......... There is instant attraction (not instalove) between and as much as they fight it they can't help but fall for each other. Cam gets right under Jo's skin. He wants to know her. The real her. Yes at first he came across as a complete judgmental arse but as the story develops he redeems himself and omg I feel hard. Cam is the type of guy who yes he may have been quick to judge (no one is perfect) but he is such a sweetheart. And the way he is with Cole, Jo's brother, it melted my heart.

As well as getting to know Jo and her story we also get to read about the characters we fell in love with in "On Dublin Street". Joss and Braden are back. I thought it was a nice touch that author kept us up to date with them. They aren't in it a lot but it was still nice to have them appear every now and then. Especially near the end.

Now I devoured this book in a couple of sittings. If I didn't have work I would have been able to read in a day. It was that good. The author has created something outstanding. It feels a lot more real and slightly more darker than "On Dublin Street". I have always prefered my books to be a bit more darker and grittier and this ticks that box and with lovable characters and hot and steamy sexy-times I was in my element. It was quite possibly my favourite book of 2013 so far!! 

If you have read "On Dublin Street" You will LOVE this!! I know I did. If you haven't read it yet then go now before this one comes out. "Down London Road" is more of a companion than a sequel but I think it is important to read "On Dublin Street" first. I can't wait for the next book. And I really hope that it is Ellie's and Adam's Story!! But Who knows right?? No matter what I am sure Samantha will make it an amazing story just like "Down London Road"


Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments :

  1. Oooooh I so can't wait to read this now Siobhan, I feel like I've had it pre-ordered for ages! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't be long now!! I will need to buy a finished copy when its out. Thanks for stopping by. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one! LOVED "On Dublin Street" so I can only imagine how awesome this one will be. Fantastic review.. now Im even more anxious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one! LOVED "On Dublin Street" so I can only imagine how awesome this one will be. Fantastic review.. now Im even more anxious :)

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.