Mini Review: Elixir (The Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: ebook
Pages: 80
Published: 27th Nov 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Source: Free from Publisher
Genre: YA Paranormal, Mythology
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository UK I Book Depository US

Description:
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.


Review:
This is just going to be a short review since it's a novella. Elixir is a definite must read if you have been following The Covenant Series. However you NEED to read Deity before you read this one!! Because It will spoiler Deity for you if you read this first.

Set between Deity (book 3) and Apollyon (book 4) this little story is told from Aiden's Pov. It is a really good short story and I think it's essential that you read it. You get to see inside Aiden's mind and experience things from him prospective and of course if you are Team Aiden you are going to LOVE IT! Personally I am Team Seth, always have been but it was a refreshing change from Alex's Pov.

Usually with short stories you don't get a lot but Jennifer has managed to really make the most of it. The readers feel like they are actually reading a proper story. It doesn't feel rushed or forced like some short stories. For me when I read short stories I rarely gave them over 3 stars. They usually aren't my thing even though I can enjoy them so a massive thank you Jennifer for writing one that I actually really enjoyed.

Can't wait for Apollyon now!!
Rate: 4/5


7 comments :

  1. Great mini review. My review for this was still crazy long just because of my gushing about JLA lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am so looking forward to reading it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't any of Jennifer L Armentrout's books but it sounds like I might have to soon since there's a lot of buzz for it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good series. The series gets really good in book 2 though. :)

      Delete
  4. Yep, I'm very often left wanting at the end of a short story but I didn't feel that way after reading this so I couldn't agree more. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Elixir. Makes me even more excited to find out what happens in Apollyn.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.