Book Review: Kissing Zombies ( A Girls Guide #1 & #2) by Richard Denney

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Kindle Ebook
Pages: 120
Published: 10th April 2012
Publisher: Createspace
Source: Bought/Free
Genre: YA Zombie
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US

Description:
The two book bind-up of A Girl's Guide to Falling in Love With a Zombie and A Girl's Guide to Breaking Up With a Zombie. Rebecca Willis is a 17 year old survivor of a zombie pandemic who’s still in love with her high school crush Lance Tanner, who just happens to be be a zombie. But when things begin to threaten her ties with Lance she must choose over saving her own life and the lives of her friends or saving her zombie.

Review:
I grabbed this on Kindle for free. The cover caught my eye and so did the title. So I snapped it up. I went into it thinking it was going to be a fun, light read. And in a way it was. It was very light and very quick. It doesn't take any brain power to read so it works good for a filler novel. However, I like my books to have some depth to the story so it just didn't grab me.

Kissing Zombies is a bind up of two novella's; A Girl's Guide to Falling in Love With a Zombie and A Girl's Guide to Breaking Up With a Zombie and from those titles you expect a funny read. But it's not funny at all. Maybe it was to some people but it wasn't for me. I felt that the story was rushed and very very unrealistic (I know it's a Zombie book but even Zombie books can be realistic with the themes they have in them) I felt the characters where shallow and so boring. However, there is the odd scene or two that I did enjoy especially the scenes when we have our main characters fighting the Zombies.

One of the big things that put me off this was the typos. Now I am not perfect, my reviews are usually full of errors. So the odd one or two in a novel isn't going to annoy me. But there was just so many in this that even I noticed it!

Overall, if you are looking for something that a quick then give it ago. You may like it. Aside for the Cover and the odd fighting scene this one just wasn't really for me and I probably won't read anymore of the series.


Rate: 2/5

2 comments :

  1. BookLoverPrincessMonday, 22 October, 2012

    Love an honest review. I wasn't a fan either.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.