Book Review: Beyond (Crossroads #3) by Mary Ting

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Ebook
Pages: UNKNOWN
Published: 12th Sept 2012
Publisher:  World Castle Publishing
Source: Author for Review
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Buy: NOT AVAILABLE YET.

Description:
Torn between the past she can't remember and a future she isn’t ready for, Claudia feels at a loss. With unanswered questions, she is certain there is more to her past than just being a venator. Finding the missing pieces in her life won’t be easy because duty calls. When mysterious dark shadows get released, an apocalypse sets in motion. The venators and the alkins must work together once again. Knowing Claudia would be the key to destroying the demons that were released, a familiar stranger appears to protect her. Drawn to the beautiful angel, Claudia finds she must unravel the mysteries of her past in order to help save the world. Who is the angel assisting her and why does she feel a strong connection to him? Time is running out. Will she discover all the secrets before it’s too late?



Review:
I was sent Beyong for review by Mary. I was really nervous about reading but I am in one awful reading slump and nothing is really holding my attention for long. However, I had a plan for this one. I really wanted to make sure I enjoyed it so I took my time. I read it over roughly 2 weeks taking breaks and it worked and thankfully I really really enjoyed the book.

Beyond is book 3 in the Crossroads Saga and I had really high hopes for it because I adored Crossroads and Between. And overall I really did enjoy it. However, sadly not as much as the previous books.

I will get the negatives out the way first here. The thing that bugged me in this was Michael at the start the book. Michael drove me insane in the bad way. I honestly couldn't stand him at he beginning. He made a hard choice in book 2 and goes back on the choice in this one. (I know very vague but I don't want to spoil anything) However, as usual it's loveable Michael and by the end I was head over heals in love with him again. I also thought the story was a little slow to get going but once it does it completely blew me away.

So on to what I loved! I could be here all day. Like the previous books I adored Claudia. She is just so likeable. She isn't perfect. She can selfish at times but she loves her friends and family. You really feel for her as she is trying to find out who she really is. She has been through so much at such a young age and that makes her strong and independant. My favourite character in this series is Davin! He is so funny and adoreable. He gets the best lines to say. All the characters in this book are fantastic and a good set of characters, whether they are good or bad, is what make the story more exciting. The Plot itself really takes the reader on an roll coaster journey. There is plenty of ups and downs. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, excited to read what will happen to the characters.

Mary Ting is one of my favourite authors right now. She manages to deliver every single time. She has created yet another breath taking novel that gets under your skin. And stays with you long after you finish.

Over all, Beyond was exciting, imaginative and keeps you on your toes. The Crossroads series is a breathe of fresh year within the YA Market. I challenge anyone not to fall in love when reading these.

Rate: 4/5

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.