Book Review: The Dog Detectives: Lost in London by Zoe Gypsy

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: ebook
Pages:  32
Published: 18th May 2011
Publisher: Maverick Arts Publishing
Source: Publisher for Review
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository UK I Book Depository INT

Description:
In the third book in the series Detective Jack and Deputy Poco Loco are exploring the sites of London. London is doomed! The guardians of the city, six black ravens, have gone missing from the Tower of London. The Dog Detectives must search the streets of London and find the ravens before it is too late!


Review:
Lost In London is a fantastic children's picture. I read this with my 5 year old son. He has a obsession about London just now so this went down a treat.

It's book 3 in the Dog Detective series but they don't need to be read in order. This was our first Dog Detective story and we throughly enjoyed it. The author has create a fun filled story that will little ones amused and capture their imagination. Couple this will the beautiful and colourful illustrations its exciting and fresh.

I really enjoy how the author took the old myth of "The Ravens of The Tower of London" and created into something new, aswell as educating children on the myth. It was smart and exciting. I asked my son what he liked best about the books and he said he liked following the Dog Detectives around London and seeing all the different things in London like the tower and the London eye. But he wished it was a bit longer.

So overall, a thumbs up for me and a thumbs up from my 5 year old son. We are looking forward to more adventures by the Dog Detectives. 



Rate: 4/5

2 comments :

  1. This looks like fun :) Think my little one is a little too young to appreciate this one yet, but hopefully it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very fun book. Kids will love it. :)

      Delete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.