Fins Are Forever (Fins #2) by Tera Lynn Childs

May Contain Spoilers from Book 1

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Arc Paperback
Pages: 304
Published: 1st April 2012 (UK)
Publisher: Templar
Source: Publisher for Review
Genre: YA, Mythology, Romance
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository UK I Book Depostory INT

Description:
When Lily's human-hating cousin Dosinia is exiled from Thalassinia and sent to land, Lily is faced with the huge task of keeping her on the straight and narrow. But what did Dosinia do to get exiled in the first place? And why is she batting her eyelashes at Brody, Lily's former crush? As if her bratty cousin weren't enough to handle, the reappearance of a merboy from Lily's past makes her question her decision to renounce her kingdom and stay on land with Quince. Can Lily stay true to her duty, her heart and her dreams, or will living on land really mean living a lie?
Review:
After finishing Forgive My Fins and completely falling in love with it, I was both excited and anxious about starting Fins Are Forever. Excited because I was looking forward to reading more about Lily and her story but anxious because usually the sequels rarely live up to the first book. However, I had nothing to be anxious about. Fins Are Forever is every bit as fun, cute and quick as the previous book.

Fins Are Forever continues about a week (I think) after the end of book 1 when Lily realises she is in love with Quince. They are officially girlfriend and boyfriend and every is going smoothly until her cousin Dosinia shows up on her door step after being exiled for Thalassinia and its Lily's duty to set Dosinia on the right path. But of course things don't go to plan and soon Lily is finds herself being forced back to her kingdom where she meets an old friend who offer Lily a solution to giving up her royal title. Soon poor Lily is questioning herself and her choices. Will she make the right decision? Will she be true to her heart or her duty?

So yeah, once again I adored it!!! I really think this series has to be one of the cutest I've read in a good while. With a colourful cast characters, beautiful settings and a fresh and witty storyline it has it all for a fun quick read. And with this installment we have a bit more depth to the storyline.

Lily has grown a little from the previous, and that's mainly due to her relationship with Quince. They are just too cute. She is forced into making some hard decisions in regards of her future royal title. And you really feel for her at certain points because she is trying to work things out and the added pressure of Dosinia showing up doesnt help anything. Now, I have to admit I Love Dosinia. Yeah, she comes across as being selfish and has that I-don't-care-screw-the-world attitude but deep down its clear that she wants to be loved. She needs to be loved - enter Brody, Lily's ex crush. Lol. I really grew to like him. In book 1 I didn't like him. But he matures as a character in this one and I can't wait to see how the the relationships develop between all the characters especially when Tellin, (the old childhood friend) is thrown into the mix. Pretty exciting stuff.

Can't say too much incase I completely spoil the story. The storyline as I said has a bit more depth to it. But it still a very fun read. And super quick because it draws you in and takes over your imaginations making it quite impossible to stop until you get to the very end.

I'm really looking forward to the next book. I have no idea we get it in the UK but hopefully we don't have to wait too long because I have a feeling book 3 is going to be bigger and better!!!

Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



8 comments :

  1. Awesome review! I've had these books on my wishlist for so long, now you've got me wanting to read them right now lol. They are now on my next to buy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!!!! They are so much fun and super quick. :) enjoy!!

      Delete
  2. i loved this book!!! cant wait for book 3. great review siobhan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to ramble alot more using my phone for reviews though. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Great review! Defo adding this series to by TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I can't believe you read this one right off the hop. I'm just trying to get through some of my reviewing responsibilities before I could get to this series. I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully these books where some of my review books. lol.

      Delete
  5. OH WOW, I love this series!!! This book was Crabbtastic!! In Fins are Forever the story continues right where Forgive My Fins left off with Lily being madly in love with Quince but deciding that she is interested in giving up her crown in Thalassinia as future queen to stay as a human on land forever with her boyfriend Quince and seek out college and a new life.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.