Destined (House of Night #9) by P.C & Kristin Cast

Contains spoilers from previous books

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: Hardback
Pages:  325
Published: 25th October 2012 (UK)
Publisher: Atom
Source: Bought
Genre: YA, Vampires, Paranormal
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:
In Destined, the forces of Light and Dark collide as their epic struggle focuses on Tulsa's House of Night. Zoey is home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side and preparing to face off against Neferet. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, he and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together if Rephaim can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow.

But is Zoey really safe? Does she truly know those who are closest to her? And will love win when it is tested by the very soul of Darkness? Find out what is destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.


Review:
If I try to do my own summary of this I will no doubt give away major spoilers from this book so I am going leave it out of this review because the description pretty much covers it. Now there will be spoilers from previous books so if you haven't read the series it is best not to read on. All you need to know is that I love the series and Destined was exciting, thrilling and amazing but with a few flaws.

Destined picks up a day after Awakened finished. Now I loved Awakened and the ending was just OMG, Heath!!! Yeah I am team Heath always have been and always will be. And the twist that the cast ladies put in Awakened was EPIC! So I have been excited to finally get a chance to read Destined.

The gang are all back minus poor Jack :'( Zoey I know alot of people don't like her but I do. She has been consisted from book 1 and her strength as a protaginist grows with each book. Now there is some things I don't like about her but it's nothing major just some of words she uses like "bullpoopie" seriously? who says that? Her relationship between her friends isn't as strong in this installement but she is still a good leader and her friends look up to her. Aswell, as Zoey and the gang and the rest of the amazing characters from previous books, we get a new character to love/hate. Aurox. (this is where the spoiler from previous books comes) He is a gift from the White Bull to Neferet, for her to use as a weapon to create chaos. But He is flawed. In Awakened, Heath's soul was put into Aurox. So even though he is meant to be dark and evil Aurox is remembering that he is Heath even though he doesn't actually knkow it and that he feels for Zoey. I know I should have hated him for the evilness but I couldn't because I knew Heath was in there and I love me some Heath.

As with previous books in the series. Destined takes place over a very short period of time I think it was around five days. But the Cast's are excellent story tellers and managed to fill this book with action, passion, humour and love it was just an excellent storyline and once again typical of these books leaves you on one hell of a Cliffhanger!!!

However, this is not prefect! There is flaws and it's mainly some of the words used by a few of characters. I was actually shocked that they had used a couple of words that were actually rude and very offensive to some people. So for that I had to drop a star. Some words I don't want to hear in book, especially in YA novels.

Overall though, a must read for any House of Night fan! I am really looking forward to next installement to where the story goes.


Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



7 comments :

  1. Awesome review Siobhan! I love this series and can't wait to read 9 & 10.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait for 10. Need to catch up on the novellas now.

      Delete
  2. Yay, you know so many people have become haters of this series and honestly, I do see there point but I think everything has it's up and downs and this is one of them books/series. I do think they have prolonged the series but overall, I'm still a fan and I can't wait to read this one!! :) ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a fan. Still love it. Lol. Can't wait for book 10.

      Delete
  3. Hey! Thanks for the comment on our blog :) I have heard such good things about the House of Night series, I really need to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry, I think I clicked on the wrong link but still happy to have found a new book blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep going to buy this book but just haven't yet, since the last 2 or 3 books have been a bit of a bust compared to the 1rst 4. After reading your review on it though, I think I'll actually read it :)

    ~Jess @ AddictedToNovels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.