Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool #1) by Gemma Halliday

Format: Kindle
Pages: 320
Published: 11th Oct 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Genre: YA Mystery
Buy: Amazon UKAmazon US



Description:
Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool.

But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.


Review:
I had been wanting this book for so long mainly because of the stunning cover. I didn't not to actually read any reviews on this before hand so I had no idea what to expect and let me tell you I was so surprise. It was not what I was expecting but in a very good way.

Deadly Cool follows Hartley after she finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her the Chastity Queen at her school. When she goes to confront him at his house Hartley soon finds a nasty surprise and is soon on a mission to clear her ex boyfriend of murder.

As I mentioned I honestly didn't know what to expect from this book. I kind of thought it was going to be a serious YA Mystery and it was but it was so much more. Hartley our main characters brings a fresh and funny attitude in the story. She is witty and even though her boyfriend cheated on her she is dead set on proving him innocent of murder. However, she did annoy me just a little bit. I did like her as a character she is real with flaws but sometimes when she was dealing with her ex she comes across a little bit of a push over. That's just my opinion. Along with Hartley is her best friend Sam and the Bad boy Chase, all three completely different characters but together they form this great team.

The plot. even with a serious subject matter it doesn't focus to much on the murder it more about the investigation that Hartley and her friends go on trying to find the real killer. I found that around the middle the story slowed down a little but it was only for a chapter or two then it was backed to a easy flowing read. I found myself getting really engrossed in the Whodunit mystery of it all. And Rooting for the characters to find the killer, who BTW I didn't expect in the slightest until the very last mintue lol.

One of the big things I actually loved about the book is that the cover image actually has meaning in the story. Not alot of cover images have anything to do with actualy story but this one does.


So overall, if you like a quick and fun whodunit style teen mystery then pick this up you won't be disappointed.



NOTE: Sorry if this review is rubbish, having a little reviewers block just now 




Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



1 comment :

  1. I have this in my TBR pile. Just have a few more to read first. Sounds great and the review was fine.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.