Dear John by Nicholas Sparks


Format: Paperback
Pages: 338
Published: November 29th 2007
Publisher: Sphere
Genre: Adult Romance

Description:
Is duty enough reason to live a lie? When John meets Savannah, he realises he is ready to make some changes. Always the angry rebel at school, he has enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life. Now he's ready to turn over a new leaf for the woman who has captured his heart. What neither realises is that the events of 9/11 will change everything. John is prompted to re-enlist and fulfil what he feels is his duty to his country. But the lovers are young and their separation is long. Can they survive the distance?

Review:
I am completely tor in half with this book. On one hand I really enjoyed it. On the other hand, I hated the ending and it completely ruin the book for me.

Dear John is a very wonderful story of John, the rebel turned solider. On leave from the army he meets Savannah and very quickly he is smitten. I have to say they are adorable. They are complete opposites and thats why it worked so well. John is a loner, strong, and well oh so yummy. Savannah is a little naive and innocent yet she she isn't scared of John when alot of people are. They are just adorable together. However, soon its time for John to get back to the army. Can their love make it?

The story is split into Three parts. The first two parts I loved. However the third and final part is what has me torn. And is the reason why I only gave this a 3/5 rating. Saying that part three we get to see a totally different side of John. We see the caring side of him when he is dealing with his father. And it melted my heart how this big touch army solider can be so sweet and caring.

I feel that this isn't much of a review. However, I hate putting spoilers in reviews. It just not fair on those who haven't read it. I want to explain why I hated the ending so much but it will give away the big spoiler in novel. All I will say is even though the story is fast paced, and beautifully written you may feel very disappointment and cheated by the ending.






Rate: 3/5





PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Originally Reviewed: 15 March 2011

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.