The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

Format: Hardback
Pages: 389
Published: April 29th 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Genre: YA Chick Lit.

Description:
Meet Carrie Bradshaw before ‘Sex and the City!’

The Carrie Diaries is the coming-of-age story of one of the most iconic characters of our generation.

Before Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw was a small town girl who knew she wanted more. She's ready for real life to start, but first she must navigate her senior year of high school. Up until now, Carrie and her friends have been inseparable. Then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture, and a friend's betrayal makes her question everything. With an unforgettable cast of characters, The Carrie Diaries is the story of how a regular girl learns to think for herself, and evolves into a sharp, insightful writer. Readers will learn about her family background, how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. Through adventures both audacious and poignant, we'll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where her new life begins.

Review:
I am in love with the Tv Show Sex and the City. Its my all time favourite show. I had never read any of Candace Bushnells novels. I didn't think i would enjoy them as many of the reviews for the Sex and City novel says the book isn't as good as the show. So I never bothered buying. However, I see this on Amazon one day and it sounds like my kind of thing. I am so glad I order it. I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

The Carrie Diaries follows Carrie Bradshaw as a teenager in her senior year of high school. I loved her. She reminds me so much of the tv character. She is wacky and funny. And has her head screwed on properly. Ok. so there is drink and drugs mixed in. However at the time this is set, 1979/80 that was a pretty common thing to do back then I think. She is a very strong character and doesn't let anyone boss her around. Her and her friends are a bunch very different people. They all bring something unique to story line. Maggie is the emotional one. The Mouse (Roberta) is a brainy one, Walt is the interesting one who has a secret. Lali is the one you want to slap.

The plot is very fun and yet deals with alot of serious issues as well. From grief to sexuality. It covers alot of issues. The big issue that is focus on is Boys. Well, with Carrie there is only two boys that take in interest in it. Sebastian, the new kid in school, bad boy. He is really sweet and caring towards Carrie at the begining of their relationship. However things turn bad when Sebastian and her best friend Lali start spending way too much time together. Then there is George. I really like him. He was sweet and cute and an all round nice guy. I am hoping that in the second novel that him and Carrie become more than friends.

My favourite part of the book is the very end. The set up for the next installement it just Perfect. I don't want to give anything away. However, if you are a sex and the city fan you are going to just love the last line in book.

Overall, well as you can see by my rambling on. I loved this novel. Its fresh, funny and really quick to read. So if you are a fan of the TV show or the original book then I suggest to pick this up.




Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Originally Review: 11 March 2011

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.