Wasteland (Kin Trilogy #1) by Patricia Williams

E-Book
Published:14th March 2011
Publisher: Smashwords.com
Genre: YA Sci-FI

Description:
Becca Wilkinson is a nobody, and those that are aware of her existence know her as "that quiet girl in the back of class", "loser", or her favorite- "that chick that killed all those people".

While most people at Leeville High have long forgotten Becca's role in the devastating car wreck that happened a year ago, she still has nightmares. Her memories are in fragments and what little she remembers doesn't make sense. Memories of hearing voices and moving things without touching them.

After the arrival of a mysterious stranger who claims they want to help, Becca will learn the truth about the accident...and herself

Review:
Let me just start with thanking the wonderful Patricia Williams for asking me to review this ebook. I had never heard of it before so when I read the description I knew I was going to at least like it. I didn't think I would fall head over heals in love with this superb Young Adult Sci-FI.

Wasteland follows Becca as she is trying to recover from a car accident that she caused a few month ago. She tries to stay invisible and just get through school. However, when the handsome and mysterious Luke starts at her school, her world will never be the same again.

Becca is one of those rare characters that you can like from start to finish. Some characters in books you can go off them throughout the story. However, with Becca she is just so likeable it hard not to like her. At the start of the story she is very shy and just wants to stay invisible but when she meets Luke she starts to come out of her shell and we see that she is a very strong teen who doesn't shy away from really hard and important tasks. Luke is introduced a little into the story (usually the Luke interest is there from the very start) Luke is very sweet, funny and quite complex. I really like the relationship that developed between Becca and Luke. Becca didn't like Luke at first and it not until about half way through that she realises she might. I thought it was clear that Luke liked Becca very early on.

The story is flows just perfectly. Its very quick read that will captivate you and leave you needing the next installement like yesterday. I read it over two nights. I would have finished in the first night. However, I kinda needed to sleep. lol.

So do I recommend that book? HELL YEAH! If you like Young Adult books that has an intense story and likeable characters then this is the book for you.





Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Buy the Book via Smashwords




Visit Patricia's Site: Wasteland
Visit Patricia's Blog: triciatypes.blogspot.com
 
 

The ebook I have still has the old cover and thats why I have added the old cover to my review. Here is the new Cover




I do like the new cover. However I still prefer the old one.

3 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book, Siobhán! I'm really glad you enjoyed the read, and I'll keep you posted on the release date of the second installment!
    Also, Wasteland is now available at Amazon for the Kindle and B&N for the Nook!
    Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SURQK0
    B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wasteland/Patricia-Wiliams/e/2940012367822
    Tricia
    http://triciatypes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You loved it too! ~happy dance~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will add the amazon links thanks.

    Yeah ComaCalm I loved it cant wait for the next one. =)

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.