Virals (Virals #1) by Kathy Reich

Pages: 454
Published: November 2nd 2010
Publisher: Arrow
Genre: YA Sci-Fi, Mystery

Description:
Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan (of the Bones novels and hit TV show), is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.

As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.
Fortunately, they are now more than friends they're a pack. They are Virals

Review:
I want to thank Random House Publishing for sending me a paperback copy for review.

This was my first Kathy Reichs novel. I have seen the TV show Bones and I love it. However, I never really had an interest in the book. Until I was offered Virals for review. I read the decription and it sounded so interested and I jumped at the chance. And I wasn't disappointed.

Virals is about Tori (Temperance Brennans Neice) and her friends as the embark on a journey to solve a mystery cold case as well as revealing secrets that change their lives forever. At first I found the book hard to get into. I honestly don't know why. Sometimes book just don't grab from the start. However, about 50 pages in I was hooked.

Tori is such a breath of fresh of air to read about. Even though she is fourteen she was mature for her age and she didn't shy away  from the danger her and her friends encountered. In fact she was the one coming up with the crazy plans and wouldn't rest until the mystery was solved. She really does remind me of Temp from the TV Show.

Once I got into was very fast moving and very excited. I never know what was coming next. There is twists and turns, murder and mayhem. A great Young Adult Mystery with some Sci-Fi thrown into the mix. Looking forward to seeing where Kathy takes ouryoung Heroine and her buddies next.






Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket




Kathy's Website: kathyreichs.com
Virals Website: viralstheseries.com

 
Pre-Order (UK)12th May 2011


Order Your Copy (US)

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.