March BotM: Dracula by Bram Stoker

Pages: 448
Published: September 7th 2006 (First in 1897)
Publisher: Sphere
Genre: Adult Fantasy, Gothic Horror

Description:
When Jonathan Harker visits Transylvania to help Count Dracula with the purchase of a London house, he makes a series of horrific discoveries about his client. Soon afterwards, various bizarre incidents unfold in England: an apparently unmanned ship is wrecked off the coast of Whitby; a young woman discovers strange puncture marks on her neck; and the inmate of a lunatic asylum raves about the 'Master' and his imminent arrival.

Review:
Dracula is probably the most famous vampire of all time. And alway will be. Everyone has heard of Dracula. Even if they haven't read the book or watch any of movies we all know him. As a vampire obsessed female I really should have read this long long ago. However, it wasn't until a few years ago that I eventually read it. I have read it that much my first copy is in tatters.

The story of Dracula is told through letters, journel entries and newspaper clippings. I don't really need to go into much detail about the storyline of Dracula. As we all know the basic story. Jonathan travels to Transylvania to meet Dracula and in the process is pulled into a world of vampires. Dracula travels to England and from there all hell break lose.

Dracula is what a vampire is meant to be. Monsterous!. I know I love all types of Vampires. However, for me Dracula is THE Vampire. Bram Stoker has created a creature so dark and scary that send shivers up and down my spine everytime I read the story.

Even though Dracula is evil and all. I still felt for him. Personally I felt all he wanted was to love Mina and have her love him back. So naturally I was rooting for Dracula. (What can I say I like them bad to bone lol)

My only downside to Dracula is the language. The first time I read this novel I gave up because I have always struggled with old English Language. However, that first read I fell in love the story and is one of my favourite novels. And my favourite vampire read of all time. Nothing will ever beat it for. I recommend this to anyone who loves vampires, horror and gothic fiction.



Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket




Bram's Website: bramstoker.org/

Order Today


or you can download for free via: Amazon.com / Amazon.co.uk / Goodreads

1 comment :

  1. I had a hard time getting into this book to start out! I was really excited about reading it and was disappointed with how long it took me to get into it. However once I was I flew right through the book! I think the delay was more that I had to get used to the writing style and once I was itt was more enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.