Sunrise at Sunset (The Sunset Vampires Series #1) by Jaz Primo

Pages: 421
Published: October 1st 2010
Publisher: Rutherford Literary Group LLC
Genre: Adult Fantasy, Urban Fantasy



Description:
“We vampires are focused and tend to shape our own realities.”

My name is Katrina Rawlings, and I am a vampire. I declare that with neither pride nor ego. I am simply nature’s most dangerous predator. On occasion, it’s a very valuable quality. It helped me protect Caleb Taylor one day when he was very young. But that single, traumatic day is behind him now; wiped from his memory, or so I hope.

Caleb has finally matured into a rather striking young man, and believe me, I like what I see. I’ll readily admit that there are issues for us to confront and overcome, though a sense of mutual commitment isn’t one of them. I’m feeling hopeful for our future together, in fact. But an adversary from my past has returned to haunt me, and she’s trying to get back at me through Caleb. That was her first...and last...mistake. I’ll protect my Caleb at all costs, and I’ll make her regret the day she was born.

So, I suppose that I’m not just a vampire. I’m about to become someone’s worst nightmare!

Review:
What a refreshing read. A book where the tables are turned on the human girl/vampire boy. Here we are a very strong alpha female vampire, Katrina. She is a mix of both Traditional vampire (kills, drink human blood, cant go out in sunlight) and the new vampire that is books just now. Katrina is very an old vampire and in my head with Jaz's skillful writing I could hear that she was old the way she spoke. Caleb is the human, who is a real treat to read. Not often do I read a novel where the male is the human. Caleb has an innocence about that it real intriguing.

Although neither them was my favourite character. I love Paige, she is just fun to read. A perky vampire who would be a great best friend but never get on her bad side. She also had the best line in the whole book. "Friends may help move furniture. But best friends help dispose of body parts"

Sunrise at Sunset is a fantastic read that really kept me on my toes wondering what was going to happened next. There was never a dull moment while reading it.

Jaz Primo has produced a fantastic story in the first of The Sunset Series and I am looking forward to find out what is going to happen next with the characters I have grown to love.

A huge two thumbs up Jaz.





Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket




Jaz's Website: jazprimo.com

Order Paperback     On Kindle

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.