#BookReview: The Party by Robyn Harding


Receiving books free in exchange of reviews will never sway the outcome of my reviews. All my reviews are own my personal thoughts and opinions. While I may feel a certain way, others may feel differently. So sit back and relax and check out my thoughts on this book. Don't forget to share your thoughts (no spoilers) on the books or reviews on this blog in comments.


Title: The Party
Format: e-Arc
Pages: 352
Published: 6th June 2017
Publisher: Gallery/Scout Press
Source: Edelweiss
Genre: Adult/YA, Suspense, Drama
Shelfability:  Acquire

About The Book
One invitation. A lifetime of regrets.

Sweet sixteen. It's a coming of age, a milestone, a rite of passage. Of course Jeff and Kim Sanders will throw a party for their daughter, Hannah. She's a good kid with good grades and nice friends. And it isn't going to be a big, indulgent affair. Just four girls coming over for pizza and cake, movies and a sleepover. What could possibly go wrong?



But things do go wrong, horrifically wrong. After a tragic accident, Jeff and Kim's flawless life in a wealthy San Francisco suburb begins to unravel. The injured girl's mother, Lisa, files a lawsuit that turns friends into enemies, reveals dark secrets in the Sanders' marriage, and exposes the truth about their perfect daughter, Hannah. Lisa's determination to make the Sanders pay stems from a fierce love for her only child and Lisa's own dark and damaged past.



In The Party, Christos Tsiolkas's The Slap meets Liane Moriarty's Big Little Lies, taking us behind the façade of the perfect family, exploring the secrets, betrayals, and moral lapses the neighbors don't see.

The Party uncovers the lies and duplicities that children and parents tell each other. And tell themselves.

The Party by Robyn Harding was like nothing I have ever read before. It's crossover between Adult fiction and Young Adult told from the point views of adults and teenagers. The story was compelling and full of suspense. However, the ending has really thrown me on how I feel about the book as a whole.

Hannah Sanders is excited for her Sweet Sixteen. Her parents have allowed her to have a sleepover with friends. What could go wrong? What starts out as a fun slumber party for teenage girls, end up in a tragic accident that leave everyone's life in shatters. Secrets are exposed. Friendships are tested and the darkness in individuals are brought to the surface to really see who people truly are.

I am really struggling to put into words exactly how I am feeling about this one. It was a captivating read. It such an easy read and the author's writing style is addictive. I really like the fact it focused on both teen and adult POVs to really tell the story. I think if it was in 1st person it wouldn't have made the same impact. She really manages to make you feel for the characters. Good and bad feelings. You feel sorry for most of the characters though because even under their facade you can tell they are hurting. And when secrets are uncovered their life's are torn apart for better and worse.

The Party was so different and not much usual type of novel to read. I have been in a weird reading slump so the fact that I managed to read this one is miracle. It kept me gripped and needing more. Even though by the end I wanted to through my kindle at the wall because I was so frustrated with how the book ended. It has left so many unanswered questions that I swear if there isn't a follow up I may actually cry because Robyn? Yeah don't leave me hanging like this. I need to know what happens next for Hannah, Ronni and Lauren? (I hated that little b*tch) I need answers. Please don't let this be a standalone novel. 



Like This Post? 
Show Your Support
Like / Comment / Share

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.