*Book Review* Dare to Kiss (The Maxwell Series #1) by S.B Alexander




Title: Dare to Kiss (The Maxwell Series #1)
Format: Ebook
Pages: 325
Published: 30th Sept 2014
Publisher: Self-Published
Genre:  Older YA, New Adult
Shelfability: Acquire

**About The Book**
When tragedy tears down everything she loves, his touch will give her a second chance.

Like most 17-year-old girls, Lacey Robinson loves her family. What makes her unique is her unmatched talent for baseball. With an unhittable fastball and a killer slider, it's no wonder Arizona State University wants to talk about a scholarship for its boys' team. She's living out her dream, until life throws a nasty and deadly curveball.

When she loses her mother and sister to a home invasion, baseball and her dreams die with them. Stricken with nightmares, panic attacks, and even blackouts, Lacey is diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Upon recommendation from her psychiatrist, the former baseball phenom moves across the country and tries to pick up the pieces from her life.

Now, only two things matter to Lacey--overcoming her PTSD and making the Kensington High baseball team. When she meets the tall, sexy, and drool-worthy Kade Maxwell, his magical touch awakens her feminine side, and his kiss erases her nightmares. As her symptoms start to fade, her sports dreams take a turn for the worse, as baseball captain Aaron Seever doesn't want a girl on the team.

But when Kade's arch-nemesis returns to town to settle an old score, Lacey's PTSD comes back with a vengeance. She'll need to learn how to push her demons away or she'll lose everything good she has left.

Strong language. Sexual content. Intended for audiences 17 years and older
I had never heard of this series until I was contacted to review book two "Dare to Dream". However, since I hadn't read this one I was kindly offered a chance to read and review this as well. And let me tell you, I am so glad I did because Dare to Kiss is fast paced, exciting, emotional and hot!

Lacey is starting a new school and hoping to try out for the baseball team. She has moved to a new place with her dad in hopes to try and move forward from her mum and sister being tragically taken away from her. Before school even starts she befriends Tyler one of the hottest boys at school so the girls automatically don't like her. However, it's bad boy Kade who catches her eye. Everyone warns her about him and tells her to stay clear but there is something about Kade that Lacey just can't stay away from.

Lacey is such a strong character. She has dealt with so much and even though she feels weak because of her PTSD. To still manage to function at all after what she saw, well, I don't think I could. She uses Baseball to help heal and when Lacey meets Kade she finally starts to move forward and live again. Kade is the "bad boy". However, as the story develops we get to see different sides to him. Especially when it comes to his brothers. Who I have to admit I freaking love!! I can only pray they get their own stories. Especially Kelton!!! He is a lovable arse!

Dare to Kiss is really fast paced story. You are drawn in straight with the likable characters. The author has such a way with words that everything flowed wonderfully that I didn't even realise that it was nearly 2am when I finished book. She leaves the reader begging for more. The chemistry between the characters is just sizzling. Lacey and Kade are HOT!! Just the right amount of steaminess that it fits in with the storyline. 

There are a lot of emotion in the story. Lacey goes through so much and as the story progresses we learn more and more and my heart simply breaks for her. She is battling a lot of inner demons and is try so hard to overcome them. That is something I can actually relate to. While my inner demons aren't as tragic are hers, I have them and battle them everyday. So I felt a personal connection to her.

My only thing was the time frame. I felt like everything happened just a bit too quickly. I have said it before in reviews I am not a fan of Insta love and I felt like with these characters it was just too much way too fast. However, it didn't stop me really enjoying it.

I highly recommend Dare to Kiss and I can't wait to see what in store for Lacey and Kade next In Dare to Dream!
 
If you like this post don't forget to give us a THUMBS UP!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.