*Book Review* Crane (Legend Saga #1) by Stacey Rourke

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Kindle Ebook
Pages: 299
Published: 24th May 2014
Publisher:  Anchor Group Publishing
Source: Bought
Genre: Paranormal, Retelling
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US
Description:
The Horseman is unending,
his presence shan’t lessen.
If you break the curse,
you become the legend.


Washington Irving and Rip Van Winkle had no choice but to cover up the deadly truth behind Ichabod Crane’s disappearance. Centuries later, a Crane returns to Sleepy Hollow awakening macabre secrets once believed to be buried deep.

What if the monster that spawned the legend lived within you?

Now, Ireland Crane, reeling from a break-up and seeking a fresh start, must rely on the newly awakened Rip Van Winkle to discover the key to channeling the darkness swirling within her. Bodies are piling high and Ireland is the only one that can save Sleepy Hollow by embracing her own damning curse.

But is anyone truly safe when the Horseman rides?


Everyone has heard of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Whether it's the story  or  the movie, you have heard of it. I loved the movie and I have read the story but I can't really remember all the details but I remember the main plot and this book, it takes the legend and makes it into something new and twisted.

At first I found this a little slow going. I thought it dragged on for the first half of the book not really getting interesting until over the half way point. However, there was still enough suspense and intrigue to keep me reading. "Crane" is told a little bit differently. It's past and present stories. In the past we follow Ichabod Crane's "real" story of the headless horseman and in the present we follow Ireland Crane as she unravels the secrets of the town of Sleep Hollow aswell as finding out that a dark curse is inside her.

Having to two stories told side by side could have been very easily confusing. However, it isn't. It actually makes the overall story more exciting and interesting! Personally I found myself liking the past story more. There is just something that I find enchanting about that time period. And the chemistry between Ichabod Crane, Washington Irving and Rip Van Winkle as three best friends is fascinating. They are all completely different but as a trio work perfectly together. Ireland though, I just didn't like her. I liked her story and how the legend affects her. I just couldn't connect with her. She wasn't a strong enough main character for me to get on board with.

Overall, even though I found the start of the book a bit of a slow starter and I wasn't a big fan of the character Ireland, I did end up really enjoying the story.  I loved how the author has put her own twisted spin on the original "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" making it fresh and unique. I am very looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series will continue.


Please share you thoughts below on this title? Have you read it? Is it something you would like? We want to know. :)
Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.