Book Review: Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Hardback
Pages: 327
Published: 12th March 2012
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source:  Bought
Genre:  YA Supernatural, Paranormal
Buy: Amazon UK / Amazon US / Book Depository

Description:
Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS BOOK



I have been sitting on this review for a few days now because I simply have no idea how I feel about it. I mean I love this series, they are so much fun but seriously kickass! Spell Bound is every bit as awesome as the previous books. The story is a little bit more serious with the characters having to grow up a bit more. HOWEVER, I 100% hated the ending!! And I can't even tell you why I actually hated it because it would spoil everything!! You see my problem??

Sophie is back!! She is still one of my favourite book characters. She is funny, smart and kickass. She can hold her own but  her relationship with Archer still bugged me. I don't like Archer at all. I find him annoying, and a complete tool. Cal on the other hand. He is super sweet and lovely and now that the series is finish he is the one character I am going to miss the most. Aswell as the old character we are introduced to a whole bunch of new characters. The Brannicks. I loved them. They are seriously some kickass females who you don't want to miss with.

As I said I have mixed feelings with Spell Bound. The plot is exciting and thrilling, With a few twists and turns thrown in to keep the readers guessing. We learn some things about Sophie and her family that I didn't really expect. It also flow perfectly. I was completely hooked from page one. You get engrossed in these books because the author is such a wonderful storyteller. Also as a fun bonus the author must like Star Wars because some references from the movies pop up a few times within the books. So right up until the last 50 or pages I was in love with both. Then is all went to hell! I honestly hated how the book ended. I thought it was a very disappointing end for such an awesome trilogy. I was left completely heartbroken and left sitting crying. Crying so much it took me over an hour to read the end. I just couldn't get my head around what happened. So for that I couldn't give this a 5 star review. :(

I do recommend these books to everyone. They are super fun but deal with serious issues aswell. They are packed with action, adventure, romance and witty humour that will have you in stitches. If you haven't read these books yet go now. If you have, please tell me what you think in comments. (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)
Hex Hall Series:
Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.