Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy #1) by Jennifer Estep

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: Kindle Ebook
Pages: 385
Published: 1st Aug 2011
Publisher: Kensington Books
Source:  Bought
Genre: YA, Mythology, Paranormal
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.
But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .
I have had these books for so long. It is shocking that I have only now read this title. Touch of Frost is the first book and a good start to the series. Even though at times I thought it was very slow and hard to get through, there were times that it was simply amazing!

It took a a few days to get through this book. The premise was very promising and the prequel had me super excited to start reading Touch of Frost. I loved the concept and I loved that books are set in a boarding school The characters are all interesting, Gwen our protag. I loved her. I thought she was great, funny and kick-ass. She doesn't really believe that Myths are real and that the kids at Mythos Academy are decendants of Amazons, Valyries and Spartans. However, as the story develops and events start to unravel Gwen starts to believe.

I found myself losing interest in a lot of the story. Touch of Frost can be a bit of a slow read. It would pick up pace and get awesome and then slow right down. That was a big turn off for me. Maybe it was because I had read so many reviews raving about it or maybe because I loved the prequel. I can't really pinpoint why I found it slow. When the story does pick up, my god it is good. I mean simply amazing. The action packed scenes were like a movie playing in my head. The author really makes the reader feel like they are right there in the story. And that last 100 pages....OMG!

I recommend Touch of Frost to anyone who likes Mythology, kick-ass characters, a unique story with one hell of a twist and of course a Yummy Bad Boy Spartan who will make you go all weak at knees. :)

Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment :

  1. She is one of those kick ass characters who isn't at the same time. She kicks butt but it terrified if you know what I mean. I really should edited my review for that. lol.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.