UK vs US: Round #2

It's Back!!!!!!!! And starting fresh in 2012.
And hopefully this time for good :)
Each week we will compare Two Books, One picked by Destiny and the other picked by myself (Sio). We will keep score of weekly throughout the year!

Black Dawn (MV#12) by Rachel Caine
UK: 1st May 2012
US: May 2012

Sio: I really don't even need to answer this one! UK All the way!! I adore everything about the UK and the rest of the covers for the series. The US one is lovely but it doesn't feel like a Morgnaville book. 

Des: I love the UK cover!  The US cover is pretty and the girl is gorgeous, but the UK really has it all. The font is beautifully detailed and I love how the girl is looking out from the cover. It is beautiful and dark and I adore it!

 The Catastrophic History of You and Me
 UK release: Feb. 2, 2012
 US release: Feb. 21, 2012 

Des:  Both these covers are nearly identical except for the font for the title. The US one is kind of plain, but the UK one is bold and whimsical and really lures the eyes in to the cover. The added artsy font really makes the cover pop in my opinion!

Sio: I totally agree with Des on this one. The only difference with these is the font of title. And I really prefer the UK aswell. Its just more cute and eye catching compared to the bog standard US font.


~~~~~~~~~~
Round #2: UK

UK: 1
US: 0
Draw: 1

8 comments :

  1. I much prefer UK for both.

    The US Black Dawn is gorgeous, but doesn't compare to the UK cover, also all the UK covers have a theme whereas the US don't really...

    ~Sezzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UK for both! The US morganville is pretty and I like the colours, but the UK one is more edgy.
    And I prefer the font of th UK catastrophic history, it's prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the UK covers for the morganvilles so much more than the US ones.
    Also like the UK cover of catastrophic history more too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with everyone. I love both UK covers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the whole MV series in the U.K theme and I just love Black Dawn book cover, so U.K has my vote for this book cover. The Catastrophic History of You and Me made me look twice, the first time I saw the book covers, I thought you posted the same one twice. But after looking twice I finally saw that the font was different, but still the U.K version gets my vote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I have never read the MV series I'm giving my opinion simply on the cover in front of me. I prefer the font on the UK cover but I think the girl on the US one looks edgy/scary vs the UK girl whose face I just want to wash haha.

    Definitely the Catastrophic History of You and Me the UK font makes it the clear winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to vote UK on these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. UK for both of them. I like how the title is in both of them better.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.