UK vs US: Round #1

It's Back!!!!!!!! And starting fresh in 2012.
And hopefully this time for good :)
Each week we will compare Two Books, One picked by Destiny and the other picked by myself (Sio). We will keep score of weekly starting from today. :)

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
 UK release - 16th Feb 2012
US release - 14th Feb 2012

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect! Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life. What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life
Destiny:  I really like the black and pink of the US cover and it looks so contemporary and all, but I adore the UK cover. It has everything a chick lit novel has and to me, looks like a perfect fit for Sophie Kinsella's writing. UK gets my vote!

Siobhán: I have never heard of this book before Destiny showed be it. And I really like both covers. However, I'm more attracted to the US cover. Quite simply because black and pink are my two favourite colours, especially together! So US gets my vote!

Shattered Dreams by Ellie James
UK Release:  5th July 2012
US: Release: 6th Dec 2011

Upon the death of her grandmother, Trinity arrives on her aunt's doorstep in New Orleans with virtually no knowledge of her mysterious heritage. Dropped into high school, she is trying her best to fit in, but there is something about her, connected to the mysterious city and her parents death, that makes her different. When a game of truth or dare in a deserted New Orleans house gets out of control, Trinity starts to see things; twisted visions of the future that she tries to suppress. But all too quickly the dreams accelerate – terrifying images of a girl locked in a dark room. And when the head cheerleader goes missing, Trinity has to decide whether to step forward with what she's seen: a tough choice when the police are desperate for a suspect and she's falling in love with the missing girl's boyfriend. Nothing prepares her for the dark odyssey that ensues, the surprising romance she finds along the way, or the shocking truths she learns. Not just about the girl who has gone missing, but the past that has been hidden from her, and the future that awaits
Siobhán: I am in love with both if these covers!! I love the purple of the US and how its just very pretty. However, I am just that bit more attracted to the UK one because of the darkness of it, that fit well with the story and of course the dragonfly! Love it!! UK gets my vote!

Destiny: The UK cover has beautiful lettering and the dragonfly is stunning but there is something about the US cover that just looks magical. The colors, the picture...it all just works on this one. For me, the US cover wins!

~~~~~~~~~~
Round #1: Draw

UK: 0
US: 0
Draw: 1

6 comments :

  1. I prefer the US cover for the first one, for Shattered dreams, I wanna like the UK cover but I just don't like the colouring so US again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the UK more. It just pops out to me for some reason. I would reach for it before I did the US one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the UK one for the first one and its a tough choice for shattered dreams. i would have to go with the US though as that is the cover that is sitting on my bookshelf and i love the colors in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both the covers for the Sophie book but for the Shattered Dreams book I prefer the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both covers but the UK one stands out for me more. ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. uk for the 1st and us 4 the lattr;it screams magic

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.