The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

Format: Paperback
Pages: 250
Published: 3rd Nov 2011 
Publisher: Scholastic
Genre: YA Paranormal
Buy:Amazon UKIAmazon USI Book Depository

Description:
What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.

Review:

I have been looking into buying this book for a while but I kept putting it off just because my TBR is kinda insane. However, out shopping I found it super cheap and decided to pick it up. Now I am wishing I just left it and got it from the library.

The Vampire Stalker is a a teenage girl, Amy who is obsessed with Alexander Banks, a boy from a book.She knows he is just a fantasy. However, one night her world is turned upside when she actually meets Alexander. And realising he is real she helps him out by track down Vigo, the bad vampire from the books, Otherworld series. Amy soon starts to fall in love with Alexander and is forced to accept that he may have to leave her soon.

The premise for this book has the potiental to be amazing. I mean, come on, who hasn’t been in love with a book from a book? And secretly wishes they were real? I know I have on many occassions lol. However, the book just seems to fall flat.

The characters, I jus couldn’t really connect with. Especially Amy, which is a shame because in therory I should I have like her, she is cute and fun and of course is a big reader. But at times I found her character quite immature. There was also no character development for Amy she was the same all the through. However, I did like Alexander and I think the book would have been better having his POV.

TVS was a very quick read though. I read it in  a few hours. The plot itself isn’t fast paced, it’s actually quite boring. It does get a bit more exciting near the end of the book. However, it was predictable! I knew exactly what was going to happen. There was no twists or turns to the plot. No explosive action scene. Even the romance in the book isn’t really all that.

Although, I did like hearing about the world that Alexander lived in. It was interesting. I also really like that idea of parallel dimensions and how the author of the Otherworld Series had visions and that how she wrote the books. It would have been great to read more about her.

Overall though, The Vampire Stalker is a very light read if you want just a filler and give your brain a rest from heavier books. It’s a short and quick read. And I am sure many people will love this book. Sadly, I wasn’t one of them.


Rate: 2/5
PhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments :

  1. Ahhh it's a shame this wasn't that good. We had it for our Travelling Book on UK Swap but I decided not to read it in the end. Lol. ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really hoping it would be good. I mean it could have been. Cause we all want our book boys to real lol. But at least I only paid £3 for it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinks to have high hopes for a book and be left feeling disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it wasn't what u thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I almost bought this a few days ago and put it off. So glad I read your review! I hate when books are so promising plotwise then are letdowns!

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.