Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry #1) by Simone Elkeles


PhotobucketFormat: Paperback
Pages: 368
Published: 1 April 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's
Genre: YA Romance/Contemporary

Description:
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

Review:
My usual kind of books are fantasy books. However, I really fancied a change so I asked all the members for Love Fantasy Novels and most of them told me I had to read Perfect Chemistry. And I am so glad I did. I have never been hooked onto a non fantasy book from page one and I really feel in love.

Perfect Chemistry is a story of star-crossed love, gangs, high school and falling in love with the wrong person. Its take you on an emotional rollercoaster and will having you laughing and crying even long after finishing the book (yes I was meaning me, I sat for about 10 mins after it still crying with sadness and happiness).

The two main characters are a real delight to read. Brittany is a "Popular" girl that has everything that she wants, Or so it may seem. Alex is a the gangmember who you fall hopelessly in love with and hope he get the type life he deserves. They are both very strong characters that really made me thankful for life I have.

Simone really is a genius with words. Her writing just beautiful and flows really easily. Even when she is writing some things in spanish and even though don't know any spanish it still didn't take away how the story flowed. She really has did her homework on the story line. She tackles a hard topic with the gangs but manages to capture every aspect of it.

I now I have just order Rules of Attraction and I am looking forward to Chain Reaction when it comes out. And also, Thank you Simone for introducing me to a genre I never thought I would like!


Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




Buy Perfect Chemistry:
Amazon: {UK}{US}

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.