Passion (The Fallen Series #3) by Lauren Kate

Format: ARC Paperback
Published: 23 June 2011
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal

Description:
Before Luce and Daniel met at Sword & Cross, before they fought the Immortals, they had already lived many lives. And so Luce, desperate to unlock the curse that condemns their love, must revisit her past incarnations in order to understand her fate. Each century, each life, holds a different clue. But Daniel is chasing her throughout the centuries before she has a chance to rewrite history. How many deaths can one true love endure? And can Luce and Daniel unlock their past in order to change their future?
Review: 
First I just want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU!!! To Random House Publishing for providing me with a manuscript/ARC copy of Passion. Second I am so glad I enjoyed it. I was honestly a little disappointed with Torment and was really worried that I wasn't going to like Passion. Boy was I wrong.

Passion is the third installement in the Fallen series and it is completely different from books 1 and 2. It follows Luce as she goes on a journey visiting her past lives trying to to break the curse that causes Luce to die and be reborn. Will she find a way to break this curse or are they doomed to live through this curse forever?

I really enjoyed this novel. It was rather different from the first two book as we dive into the past going back 5000 years. It was a really interesting journey for Luce. I'm torn when when it comes to Luce. One one hand, I really do like her, she is strong enough to go through the pain of visiting all of her past lifes and trying to break this curse. However, on the other hand all she went on about was Daniel and trying to prove how much he loved her and wasnt with her just because of the curse. In this book there aren't really alot of characters unless you count the past Luce and Daniels that we meet. It really is all about Luce's journey and how Daniel is trying to find her traveling back in time but always just missing her.

At first I found the story a little slow but when we are introduce to a new Character called Bill I was hooked. Bill is very funny and I really like him. He helps Luce on her travels and they form a great bond and it was hard not to like him.

Now as I said at first the story is a little slow but it picked up on Chapter Five and it was really good. I loved that we get to see so many past lives and experience so many emotions that Luce went through. There are so many different time periods that we go through and no doubt everyone will have their favourites. I loved reading about Chichen Itaz, Mesoamerica Period that was 555CE. This is the Mayan's and Lauren has managed to create in a way that even though I have no idea what it was like back then I really think it would have been like how she describes.

One of the big downsides to this story is Cam. We hardly see Cam. However, we do get to see him a little bit of him and its totally different side to him. I do love Cam. Its the bad boy image lol. I love it.

If you have read the Fallen and Torment then this is a must read! It's a captivating story full or drama and emotions as well and one heck of a twist in that my god I never saw coming but it was pure genius and you are going to love it!!!
Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. love love this review, CANNOT wait until my friend goes to the release party in the states and gets me a signed copy for my birthday!!!! im so excited for this book, cannot wait for it to come out, your reviews are always the tipping point for me on do i or dont i buy, and if i had to i would definitly be buying :)

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.