Betrayed Cover and Teaser!!

Betrayal (The Guardian Legacy #2) by Ednah Walters
Release: TBA

Excerpt:


Instead of heading toward the entrance, Bran stopped. “I’m taking you home so I can search for Remy and the others.”

Scowling, I faced him. I hated when he used that arrogant tone, like he knew what was better for me than I did. “Why?”

He pointed back at the alley. “Remember that? Demons are after you, Lil. I had no idea how badly until tonight. Soon, Valafar won’t have Dante on the sidelines watching over you. He’ll send him to come for you, and there’s no way I’m letting that happen.”

“You? But you saw what I can do. What we can do together. I’m stronger and keep getting better at controlling my powers every day. The demons don’t know that. Even Valafar’s people don’t. That’s why they keep acting like I’m helpless, like I’m someone who needs to be protected all the time. I don’t expect that from you, too,” I griped in an uneven tone, so annoyed I could zap him. He needed to stop treating me like a helpless person.

He took a deep breath and winced. “Forgive me for seeing you as the girl I love first and the Chosen One second.”

He didn’t fight fair. When he winced again, I reached for his arm. “You’re hurt.”

“I’m fine.”                                                                             

“The dagger is healing me, Bran. Maybe if we blended our energies, just this once, we can share its healing power.”

He took a step away from me and shook his head. “No. We can’t.”

I blinked, throat thickening at the rejection. “Why can’t we link or blend our energies. What’s going on?”

He just forked his fingers though his hair and grimaced. “I can’t make you understand.”

“Try me,” I retorted.
“Not now, Lil.”
I took a deep breath, anger churning inside of me. Why couldn’t he tell me what was going on? Blending energies was the purest form of connection, especially for him and me because our energies matched. It was more intimate than kissing or anything we’d ever done. I clamped down on the anger and the pain.
“You know what, Bran? Fine. Keep your stupid secrets.”
“Thank you,” he answered flippantly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.