April BotM: Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver

Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 479 KB
Publisher: Hodder
Published: 3rd Feb 2011
Genre: YA Sci-Fi, Dystopia

Description:
There was a time when love was the most important thing in the world. People would go to the end of the earth to find it. They would tell lies for it. Even kill for it. Then, at last, they found the cure. Now, everything is different. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Haloway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. But then, with only ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable...

Review:
I had been interested in the book for month. I have only read a few YA Dystopian novels and its a genre that I am in love with. And Delirium is yet another fantastic novel that I loved.

Delirium is set in a not so distant future where Love - amor deliria nervosa -  is actually a disease that can be cured. At the age of 18 years old everyone has this cure and their life is pretty much mapped out by government. Lena is seventeen years old and is counting down thedays until she has gets the cure. Lena is terrified is wont work for her like her mother but she wants it done. Lena is a "good girl", she plays by the rules. So when she mets Alex all world change and everything she believes and wants changes.

Lena is a very interesting main character. She wants to be like everyone else who has the cure and can't wait for it happen. She really is a good girl with good grades and is just very likeable. She has a very tough past and that heartbreaking and its understandable why she wants the cure so much. However, she really comes out her shell when she mets the Mysterious Alex who isnt what he seems. I really liked Alex, he is funny and charming and he also has had a tough past and I felt it really brought the two of them together.

Delirium is a quite a quick read. It had been gripped from the start. However, towards the middle it slowed down a little bit and I found it hard going for a few chapters because nothing really interesting or important was happening. But it picked up again and well the ending it just amazing, fast paced and what a cliff hanger. I know some people hate cliff hangers. I don't I love them, Yeah they frustate me as I will now need to wait till the next book comes out but it keeps it interesting and in my mind.

Lauren Oliver has created a beautiful written novel that I am sure it going to be a massive hit. OK. its not a world I would ever want to life in but it does make you think what if? What if love was a disease that can be cured? It that good ? or bad? mmm.....

Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket




Visit Lauren: [Website] [Blog]




Order Now!

4 comments :

  1. I don't think many people would agree with you - nearly 400 pages is hardly a quick read! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I dont think the number of pages is anything do to with a quick read. its the story that draws you in and makes it quick. I can read a 700 page book in about 2 days if the story is gripping enough. Just like it can take me a week to read a 200 page book if the story isnt really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review!
    This book has been recommended for me to read several times. It is on my to-be-read list already a month, but I haven't had a chance yet. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inga its a must read! I really enjoyed it. As I stated it got a bit slow near the middle and thats why its not got a 5heart rating

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.