Angel (Angel Trilogy #1) by L.A Weatherly

Pages: 507
Published: 1st October 2010
Publisher: Usborne Publishing Ltd
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal

Description:
Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into peoples futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where she gets this power from... But Alex does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows Willows secret and is on a mission to stop her. The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous and irresistible. In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy.

Review:
I bought this book when it was first released over here in the UK. I had been really looking forward to it. However, it ended up in my TBR pile for months. So after months of it sitting on my bookcase I decided to actually read.

Angel follows the story of Willow and Alex after Alex find out that Willow isn't what she seems. And Together they embark on a dangerous journey that full of high and lows that pushes the two of them together.

Angel is a very unique take on Angels and one that I don't like. Angels are evil in this story. I personally don't mind when certain things get changes like vampires and werewolves. However, I wasn't a fan of this new take on Angels. I'm not saying I believe in angels and all that but I just wasn't a fan of this change. I like Angels the way the always have been. Some things just shouldn't be changed.

The story itself flowed ok. It was a bit confussing with all the changing in point of view and going from first person narrative to third it made the story slow at first. However, after I got used to the PoV forever changing it flowed ok and even though I wasn't a fan of the take on Angel I still found myself enjoying parts of it.

What I realy enjoyed was the characters Willow and Alex's relationship. This is what probably made me finish the book. They are just too cute together. Willow is an outcast in school. She dresses different and loves cars. She was really easy to connect with. A very strong main character for young girls to look up to. Alex, is a tough Angel Killer. Hunting Angels has made him strong and yet when he is with Willow he has a soft side and they truely belong together.

I am in no rush to buy and read the next book. I will no doubt eventually read it because as I said I really liked the relationship between Willow and Alex and would like to see what happens next with them. 

Rate: 3/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket



L.A Weatherly Website: www.angelfever.com

Order Your Copy


US title: Angel Burn
Release date: 24th May 2011

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.