Torment (Fallen #2) by Lauren Kate

Pages: 452
Published: 30th Sept 2010
Publisher: Doubleday Children's Book
Genre: YA Fantasy, Romance

Description:
Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students -Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

Review:

As with the Fallen Cover art. Torment is beautiful again. When first seeing the cover I wasn't disappointed. Its still had the dark gothic theme as the first cover and yet another gorgeous dress that I have to say I want. However, after reading the book I don't think the cover fits the story line. Also the edition I have I got a poster of the cover with and its so nice. I'm going to get it put on a canvas to hang in my room.

Torment is the second installement in the Fallen series by Lauren Kate and having totally fell head over heals in love with Fallen I was really disappointment.  However, it was still a must read in needing to know what happened next. And no doubt I will get the next one.

So let's get on with the review. Torment takes place where Fallen ended. And we see Luce being put into a different surrounding in the form of the Calfornian Coast in a new school where its pupils are a mix of Nephlim and Human. I have to say this was one of the big negavites for me because the main reason I fell in love with Fallen was the gothic surrounding and dark atmosphere. With Torment I wasn't just getting it all.

We are introduced some amazing new characters though. Luce very quickly makes friends with Shelby and Miles. They are both really nice characters and you very quickly become fond of them. For me especially Miles. I am not in a Team Battle between Cam and Miles now lol. However, with Luce being in her new school its great we get to meet new charactes but we dont get to see enough of all the old characters that we grew to love in Fallen. So that was another huge negitive for me.

The ending of Torment seemed very rushed me. And very disappointing compared to amazing last few chapters for Fallen. Half the story could have been cut down and they ending should have left me begging for Passion. However, it didn't.

Overall though, if you are a fan of Fallen is it a must read even though I found is very slow, we still find out new and interesting things about Luce and get to meet some amazing new characters.


(Sorry If I'm talking gibberish and not making sense. Was having trouble doing a review for this one)
Rate: 3/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Lauren Kate Website: laurenkatebooks.net 

Order Your Copy NOW!





No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.