Hunted by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Portuguese edition
Published August 6th 2010 by Saída de Emergência
Rate:



Description:
The door closed with a sickening thud of finality, shutting my friends out and leaving me alone with my enemy, a fallen angel, and the monstrous bird creature his ancient lust had created. Then I did something I’d only done twice before in my entire life. I fainted.' It’s all happening, though Zoey Redbird wishes it wasn’t. She has her friends back, which is great. But a dark angel has taken over the House of Night, supported by High Priestess Neferet. Not so great. This leaves Zoey hiding out with the (supposedly friendly) red fledglings in Tulsa’s prohibition-era tunnels. The not greatness continues.

Zoey has some boy-thoughts to distract her, with a chance to make-up with super-hot-ex Eric. But thoughts of the archer that died, semi-permanently, in her arms also keep distracting her. Then he shows up as Neferet’s newest minion. Well, hell. Zoey and friends need a plan to put things right, soon, if she's to keep both head and heart intact.

Review:
Following the House of Night series has been for me like a big rollercoaster. There have been things in the series that drove me crazy, and things that I really liked. This book I actually liked a lot. It starts right after Untamed, and at first I thought it would focus too much on the soap opera part of the story (Zoey and her love trouble), but then it gets better, because the group has to return to the House of Night, where they meet again Kalona and Neferet.

The pace of the book seemed a little fast, because the whole story happens in like 2 days (at least that's what it looked like to me) - it's interesting how P. C. and Kristin manage to tell a story within so little time, balancing the slow moments of the story (the character development) and the fast moments of it (the, say, action moments).

The characters I enjoyed the most on this book were Aphodite, Stevie Rae, Heath and Stark. The characters I least enjoyed were Kalona and Neferet, Erik and Zoey's close friends (Damien, the Twins and Jack, because story-wise, in this book they just seemed to be there to fill the story).

Action-wise, I really liked the final chapters of the book (I shall say no more in order not to spoil it), but the ending felt a little rushed to me - although it made me want to read the next book right away.

Long story (oops, I meant review) short, this book was really amusing. The balance between character development and action was just right and, as I mentioned, I was left wishing I could read the next one right away.

Catarina Romeira

First Reviewed: 15th October 2010


http://www.pccast.net/

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.